An indirect approach for egg weight sorting using image processing
- 28 Downloads
An indirect approach for egg weight sorting, using image processing, is proposed in the paper. The eggs are sorted in four classes by weight. Regression analysis is used for approximation of relationship between egg weight and egg geometric parameters—perimeter, area, major and minor axis, shape index and shape factor. The values of the geometric parameters, collected by image processing and the one, collected by traditional method, are compared for each egg sample, using percent differences between data. The experimental results show that the most significant parameter for egg weight indirect measurement is the egg area, with correlation coefficient 0.989. The mathematical model for the relationship between weight and area of the egg is defined with coefficient of determination 0.978. The classification accuracy is achieved within the eggs test sample sorting. The total classification error is 2.5% for test set and 12.5% for training set.
KeywordsEgg weight Image processing Regression analysis Geometric parameters Shape coefficients
This paper is supported by agreement for scientific and research work No 334 from 12.04.2015, on the theme “Development of machines for sorting eggs on the basis of vision systems” of the Committee of Science, Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- 1.http://www.sanovogroup.com/products/egg-grading/grading/ardenta/. Accessed 13 Aug 2017
- 3.http://www.ecat-com.fr. Accessed 13 Aug 2017
- 5.F. Schwagele, R. Poser, L. Krockel, Application of low-resolution NMR spectroscopy of intact eggs—Measurement of quality determining physical characteristics. Fleischwirtschaft 81(10), 103–106 (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.R. Ibrahim, Z. Mohd Zin, N. Nadzri, M.Z. Shamsudin, M.Z. Zainudin, Egg’s grade classification and dirt inspection using image processing techniques, in Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering, vol II (WCE, London, 2012)Google Scholar
- 7.http://eur-ex.europa.eu/legalcontent/BG/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32007R1336. Accessed 13 Aug 2017
- 8.D. Alikhanov, A. Moldajanov, P. Daskalov, Method and results of experimental researches of automated installation for definition of egg geometrical parameters based on vision system. International Scientific, Scientific Applied and Informational Journal. Year LXI, Issue 9, Bulgaria. ISSN 0861–9638. p. 7–10. http://www.mech-ing.com. Proceedings of “III International Scientific Congress on AGRICULTURAL MACHINERY 2015”, 22.06–25.06.2015, Varna, (2015)