Experimental Investigation of Phase Equilibria in Zr-Ni-Pt System
- 84 Downloads
Phase equilibria in Zr-Ni-Pt ternary system have been experimentally determined through diffusion triple and alloy sampling approaches. Based on the results of Electron Probe Microanalysis (EPMA) and x-ray diffraction (XRD), isothermal sections of this system were constructed at 1073 and 1173 K. A new ternary phase denoted as Zr4(Pt,Ni)3 was detected with composition ranging from 2.5 to 29.7 at.% Ni and 40.7 to 12.7 at.% Pt at 1073 K while 2.2 to 25.1 at.% Ni and 40.9 to 17.5 at.% Pt at 1173 K, respectively. Three continuous solutions are formed between binary compounds ZrNi and ZrPt, Zr7Ni10 and Zr7Pt10, ZrNi3 and ZrPt3, and large ternary solubility of Ni in ZrPt4, and of Pt in Zr2Ni and ZrNi5, were observed.
Keywordsdiffusion triples phase equilibria Zr-Ni-Pt
This work was financially supported by the National Key Research and Development Program of China (Grant No. 2016YFB0701404) and the Major State Basic Research Development Program of China (Grant No. 2014CB6644002).
- 6.M.D. Dolan, S. Hara, N.C. Dave, K. Haraya, M. Ishitsuka, A.Y. Llyushechkin, K. Kita, K.G. Mclennan, L.D. Morpeth, and M. Mukaida, Thermal Stability, Glass-Forming Ability and Hydrogen Permeability of Amorphous Ni64Zr36-xMx (M=Ti, Nb, Mo, Hf, Ta or W) Membranes, Sep. Purif. Technol., 2009, 65, p 298-304CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.T. Henning, W. Horst, M. Siegfried, G. Thomas, and E. Jurgen, Synthesis and Characterization of Amorphous Ni-Zr Thin Films, Thin Solid Films, 2014, 30, p 48-52Google Scholar
- 8.A. Inoue, X.M. Wang, and W. Zhang, Developments and Applications of Bulk Metallic Glasses, Rev. Adv. Mater. Sci., 2008, 18, p 1-9Google Scholar
- 10.G.Y. Zhang, H. Zhang, Z.Q. Hu, R. Lin, and H.F. Zhang, Effects of Alloying Elements on the Crystallization Behavior of Zr-Base Amorphous Alloys, Rare Metal Mat. Eng., 2005, 34, p 389-392Google Scholar
- 22.E.G. Kendal and C. Hays, The Zirconium-Platinum Alloy System, Trans. Metall. Soc. AIME, 1961, 221, p 445-450Google Scholar
- 23.A.S. Darling and G.L. Selman, Platinum and the Refractory Oxides, Platin. Met. Rev, 1970, 14, p 124-126Google Scholar
- 24.E. Savitsky and V. Polyakova, Physical metallurgy of platinum metals, Mir Publisher, Moscow, 1978Google Scholar
- 32.Z.P. Jin, A Study of the Range of Stability of Sigma Phase in Some Ternary Systems, Scand. J. Metall., 1981, 10, p 279-287Google Scholar