Renewal Rate of Filament Lamps: Theory and Experiment
- 49 Downloads
We calculate the renewal rate of fused lamps in an organization having large installation of filament lamps. This is achieved by using the standard mortality curve over the specified fractions of the half-life and setting up an algebraic relation for the renewed fraction at successive stages. The procedure for data analysis is described in detail for an actual experiment performed by us.
KeywordsTungsten Filament lamps Large installation Failure Mortality curve Renewal rate Theory Experiment
VJM thanks the University Grants Commission for financial support.
- 1.Leff, H.S.: Illuminating physics with light bulbs, Phys. Teach. 28, 30–35 (Jan 1990).Google Scholar
- 2.Menon, V.J., Agrawal, D.C.: Lifetimes of incandescent bulbs, Phys. Teach. 41, 100–101 (Feb 2003).Google Scholar
- 3.Rea, M.S. (ed.): Chapter 6. In: IESNA Lighting Handbook, pp. 14–15. IESNA, New York, (2000).Google Scholar
- 4.Menon, V.J., Agrawal, D.C.: A theory of filament lamp’s failure statistics. Euro. Phys. J. Appl. Phys. 34, 117–121 (2006); A theory for the mortality curve of filament lamps, J. Mater. Eng. Perf. 16, 1–6 (2007).Google Scholar
- 5.Rea, M.S. (ed.): Chapter 28. In: IESNA Lighting Handbook, p. 2. IESNA, New York, (2000).Google Scholar