Dynamic Analysis of Recalescence Process and Interface Growth of Eutectic Fe82B17Si1 Alloy
- 64 Downloads
By employing the glass fluxing technique in combination with cyclical superheating, the microstructural evolution of the undercooled Fe82B17Si1 alloy in the obtained undercooling range was studied. With increase in undercooling, a transition of cooling curves was detected from one recalescence to two recalescences, followed by one recalescence. The two types of cooling curves were fitted by the break equation and the Johnson–Mehl–Avrami–Kolmogorov model. Based on the cooling curves at different undercoolings, the recalescence rate was calculated by the multi-logistic growth model and the Boettinger–Coriel–Trivedi model. Both the recalescence features and the interface growth kinetics of the eutectic Fe82B17Si1 alloy were explored. The fitting results that were obtained using TEM (SAED), SEM and XRD were consistent with the changing rule of microstructures. Finally, the relationship between the microstructure and hardness was also investigated.
Keywordseutectic Fe82B17Si1 alloy growth kinetics recalescence rate undercooling
The work is supported by the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (2014QNA09), the Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu (BK20150205), the Postdoctoral Science Foundation of Jiangsu (1501029A), the Natural Science Foundation of China (51771226) and the China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (2016M591953).
- 8.A. Karma, Model of Grain Refinement in Solidification of Undercooled Melts, Int. J. Non Equilib. Process., 1998, 11, p 201–233Google Scholar
- 10.Z. Chen, Y. Yang, Q. Chen, J.F. Xu, Y. Tang, and F. Liu, Recalescence Effect Simulation and Microstructure Evolution of Undercooled Fe82B17Si1 Alloy, Acta Metall. Sinica, 2014, 50(7), p 795–801Google Scholar
- 11.Z.Z. Zhang, Z.Z. Song, G.C. Yang, and Y.H. Zhou, The Microstructure Characteristics of High Undercooled Bulk Nanocrystalline Fe-B-Si Eutectic Alloy, Acta Metall. Sin., 1999, 35(7), p 693–697Google Scholar
- 19.W.J. Boettinger, S.R. Coriell, and R. Trivedi, Rapid Solidification Processing: Principles and Technologies IV, Claitor’s, Baton Rouge, 1988, p 13–24Google Scholar
- 20.E.C. Brandes, Smithells Metals Reference Book, 6th ed., Butterworth, London, 1983Google Scholar
- 22.V. Raghavan, In phase Diagrams of Ternary Iron Alloys Part 6A. Designed and Produced by Electronic Publishing Center, Green Park Extension, New Delhi, 1993, 11, p 406Google Scholar
- 23.N.J. Petch, The Cleavage Strength of Polycrystals, J. Iron Steel Inst. Lond., 1953, 173, p 25–28Google Scholar