Mathematical model of COREX melter gasifier: Part II. Dynamic model
A dynamic model of the COREX melter gasifier is developed to study the transient behavior of the furnace. The effect of pulse disturbance and step disturbance on the process performance has been studied. This study shows that the effect of pulse disturbance decays asymptotically. The step change brings the system to a new steady state after a delay of about 5 hours. The dynamic behavior of the melter gasifier with respect to a shutdown/blow-on condition and the effect of tapping are also studied. The results show that the time response of the melter gasifier is much less than that of a blast furnace.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Pal and A.K. Lahiri: Metall. Mater. Trans. B, 2003, vol. 34B, pp. 103–14.Google Scholar
- 2.H. Kubo, T. Nishiyama, G. Kyoguchi, M. Yasuno, S. Taguchi, and J. Kurihara: Proc. 3rd Process Technology Conf., Pittsburgh, PA, Mar. 1982, Iron and Steel Society of AIME, 1982, vol. 3, pp. 39–48.Google Scholar
- 3.M. Hatano and H. Yamaoka: Heat and Mass Transfer in Metallurgical Systems, D.B. Spalding and N.H. Afgan, eds., McGraw-Hill Book Company, New York, NY, 1981, pp. 65–76.Google Scholar
- 4.K. Takatani, T. Inada, and Y. Ujisawa: Iron Steel Inst. Jpn. Int., 1999, vol. 39, pp. 15–22.Google Scholar
- 5.G.A. Flierman and H. Oderkerk: Pre-print of Iron Steel Inst. Meeting on Mathematical Process Models in Iron and Steel Making, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1973, p. 40.Google Scholar
- 6.J.A. de Castro, H. Nogami, and J. Yagi: Iron Steel Inst. Jpn. Int., 2000, vol. 40, pp. 637–46.Google Scholar
- 7.T. Yamamoto, Y. Ujisawa, H. Ishida, and K. Takatani: Iron Steel Inst. Jpn. Int., 1999, vol. 39, pp. 705–14.Google Scholar
- 8.S.V. Patankar: Numerical Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow, Hemisphere Publishing Corporation, McGraw-Hill Book Company, New York, NY, 1980, p. 83.Google Scholar