Innovative Technology for Preparation of Seamless Nitinol Tubes Using SHS Without Forming
This paper presents innovative technology for the production of seamless Ni-Ti tubes using self-propagating high-temperature synthesis (SHS). The proposed production technology is a unique method which removes the need of forming operations, reduces machining processes, and at the same time it eliminates the negatives of production Ni-Ti alloys by conventional melting methods. The proposed process consists in SHS reaction in evacuated silica tube with the use of extremely high heating rate (over 300 K min−1).
- 11.S.M. Russel, Nitinol melting and fabrication, Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Shape Mememory and Superelastic Technologies, Pacific Grove, California, 2000, pp. 1–9.Google Scholar
- 12.H.W. Ming, Fabrication of Nitinol Materials and Components, Proc. of the Int. Con. on Superelastic Technol., Kunming, 2001, pp. 285–92.Google Scholar
- 13.L. McD. Schetky, M.H. Wu, Issues in the Further Development of Nitinol Properties And Processing for Medical Device Applications, Memry Corporation, Bethel, CT. Published in Proc., ASM Materials & Processes for Medical Devices Conference, Anaheim, 2003.Google Scholar
- 19.M. Adeli, M. Mahvi, K. Rezaei Jahromi, M.R. Aboutalebi, S.H. Seyedein: Advances in Materials and Processing Technologies, 2016, vol. 2, pp. 266-71.Google Scholar
- 22.T.B. Massalski (1990) Binary alloy phase diagrams. Materials Park, OH: ASM International.Google Scholar