Pulse signal analysis of patients with coronary heart diseases using Hilbert-Huang transformation and time-domain method
- 78 Downloads
To explore characteristic of pulse signal to distinguish patients with coronary heart diseases (CHD) from patients without CHD and healthy adults, and accordingly evaluate the potential role of pulse signal to diagnosis CHD.
Totally 407 patients enrolled from 4 collaborating medical centers were assigned to a CHD group (205 patients) and a non-CHD group (202 patients). The healthy control group (62 adults) enrolled from Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Pulse signals were collected using the synchronous multiplex pulse signal acquisition system. The pulse signals were analyzed and extracted using Hilbert-Huang transformation (HHT) and time-domain, respectively. The time-domain parameters of pulse signal were processed by the analysis of variance (SNK test).
Special patterns in the CHD group pulse signal were found in this study: (1) time-domain parameters of pulse signal, h1, h3, h4, h3/h1, ts, t4/t were increased and w was wider; (2) 44% of C2 waves in HHT were chaotic and disordered and 72% of C waves were exhibited irregularly with average amplitude over 10 g-forces, which were all significantly different from controls.
Characteristic wave and time-domain parameters of pulse signal were extracted using HHT and time-domain which could be served as a non-invasive approach for assessing patients with CHD.
Keywordscoronary heart diseases pulse signal Hilbert-Huang transformation time domain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cai KB, Cao D, Duan YZ, Luo DC, Liu ZX. Feature extraction and recognition technique for human pulse signals. J Chongqing Univ (Chin) 2011;34:119–123.Google Scholar
- 2.Wang Y, Xu M, Ying M. A wavelet multi-distinguishing analysis method of pulse signal. J Beijing Instit Graph Communic (Chin) 2011;19(6):42–46.Google Scholar
- 3.Yan HX, Qin KR, Wang YQ, Li FF, Run FY, Hong YJ, et al. Research of the EEMD method to pulse analysis of traditional Chinese medicine based on different amplitudes of the added white noise. J Biomed Engineer (Chin) 2011;28:22–26.Google Scholar
- 5.Li FF, Wang YQ, Yao D, Yan HX, Qian P. Relationship between pulse graph traits and coronary artery stenosis, and ultrasound cardiograph. World Sci Technol-Moderniz Tradit Chin Med Mater Med (Chin) 2008;10:53–59.Google Scholar
- 6.Liu ZR, Li XX. Study on analysis of pulse. China Sci (B ed; Chin) 1983;2:131–138.Google Scholar
- 7.Fei ZF. Observation of pulse in fever patients caused by exogeneous pathogens. Shanghai J Tradit Chin Med (Chin) 1985;2:40.Google Scholar
- 8.Zhang JR. Usage of linear theory of pulse ferry on pulse in CHD. China Med Biologic Engineer (Chin) 1986;5:175.Google Scholar
- 11.Liu FB, Lang JY, Zhao L, Fang JQ, Leung KF, Lin LZ. Development of health status scale of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM-HSS). J Sun Yat-Sen Univ (Med Sci; Chin) 2008;29:332–336.Google Scholar
- 12.International Society of Cardiology and Associated Special Group of Denomination Standardization of WHO. Denomination and diagnostic criteria for ischemic heart disease. Chin J Cardiol (Chin) 1981;9:75–76.Google Scholar
- 13.Fei ZF. Modern Chinese pulse diagnosis. Beijing: People’s Health Publishing House;2003:187-214,269-273,163-165.Google Scholar