Effect of Xuezhikang Capsule (血脂康胶囊) on serum tumor necrosis factor-α and interleukin-6 in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and hyperlipidemia
- 154 Downloads
To evaluate the effect of Xuezhikang Capsule (血脂康胶囊) on the serum levels of inflammatory factors such as tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α) and interleukin-6 (IL-6) in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and hyperlipidemia, and to explore whether it has anti-inflammatory effect.
A total of 84 patients were randomly assigned to two groups with stratified block randomization, the treatment group (42 cases) and the control group (42 cases). They were treated with Xuezhikang Capsule and polyene phosphatidylcholine capsule for twenty-four weeks, respectively. The changes in serum TNF-α and IL-6 were measured by enzyme linked immunosorbent assay before treatment and at the 12th and 24th week.
Compared with those before treatment, the serum levels of TNF-α and IL-6 significantly decreased in both groups after treatment (P<0.01). There was no significant change between the two groups for the treatments at different time points (P>0.05) and between the two groups for treatments at the same time points (P>0.05).
Xuezhikang Capsule can inhibit the serum inflammatory factor in patients with NAFLD and hyperlipidemia.
Key WordsXuezhikang Capsule nonalcoholic fatty liver disease hyperlipidemia tumor necrosis factor-α interleukin-6
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Huang J, Li YY, Zhou YJ. Association between tumor necrosis factor-alpha gene polymorphism and insulin resistance in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Chin J Hepatol (Chin) 2006;14:613–615.Google Scholar
- 2.Liu J, Gao X, Chen Y, Yao QG, Chen G, Luo JF. The relationship between nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and insulin resistance. Chin J Diabetes (Chin) 2004;12:114–119.Google Scholar
- 3.Shi JP, Zheng YQ, Lou GQ. The study on relationship between insulin resistance and serum levels of IL-6, 8 and TNF-α in patients with fatty liver. Bull Med Res (Chin) 2005;34:18–20.Google Scholar
- 4.Wang WX, Chen KJ. Xuezhikang Capsule for hyperlipidemia: a systematic review. Chin J Evid-based Med (Chin) 2006;6:352–360.Google Scholar
- 5.Yang HB, Tang YS, Xu FY, Zhang XH, Zhu XL. Effect of Xuezhikang on vascular endothelial function and blood level of nitric oxide and endothelin in patients with hyperlipidemia. Chin J Integr Tradit West Med (Chin) 2003;23:13–15.Google Scholar
- 6.Chen L, Tu YY, Chen ZQ, Lin H. Treating non-alcoholic fatty liver disease accompanied by hyperlipidemia with Xuezhikang Capsule. Chin Tradit Patent Med (Chin) 2007;29:326–329.Google Scholar
- 8.Fatty Liver and Alcoholic Liver Disease Study Group of Chinese Society of Liver Diseases, Chinese Medical Association. Guidelines for diagnosis and treatment of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Chin J Hepatol (Chin) 2006;14:161–163.Google Scholar
- 9.Focus Group of Prevention and Treatment of Dyslipidemia. Suggestion on prevention and treatment of dyslipidemia. Chin J Cardiol (Chin) 1997;25:169–172.Google Scholar