Accelerating the Implementation of Social Determinants of Health Interventions in Internal Medicine
KEY WORDSguidelines disparities health care delivery community health
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of Interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 1.Chetty R, Stepner M, Abraham S, Lin S, Scuderi B, Turner N, Bergeron A, Cutler D. The association between income and life expectancy in the United States, 2001-2014. JAMA. 2016;315(16):1750–66.Google Scholar
- 3.Closing the gap in a generation: health equity through action on the social determinants of health: Commission on Social Determinants of Health final report. World Health Organization; 2008.Google Scholar
- 5.World Health Organization: Social Determinants of Health. 2017; http://www.who.int/social_determinants/en/, February 27, 2017.
- 8.Institute of Medicine (US). Committee on the Recommended Social and Behavioral Domains and Measures for Electronic Health Records. Capturing Social and Behavioral Domains and Measures in Electronic Health Records: Phase 2. National Academies Press, 2014.Google Scholar
- 9.Billioux A, Verlander K, Anthony S, Alley D. Standardized Screening for Health-related Social Needs in Clinical Settings: The Accountable Health Communities Screening Tool (Discussion Paper). Washington, DC: National Academy of Medicine; 2017.Google Scholar
- 11.Gitterman, Benjamin A., et al. Poverty and child health in the United States. Pediatrics. 2016:peds-2016.Google Scholar
- 12.Barkas, F and Elisaf M. National hyperlipidemia management policies improve lipid target attainment in clinical practice. Curr Med Res Opin. 2017;8:1–3. https://doi.org/10.1080/03007995.2017.1391082.
- 14.Gottlieb LM, Hessler D, Long D, et al. Effects of social needs screening and in-person service navigation on child health: a randomized clinical trial. JAMA Pediatr. 2016;170(11):e162521. https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapediatrics.2016.2521.
- 25.CMS' Accountable Health Communities Model selects 32 participants to serve as local 'hubs' linking clinical and community services [press release]. April 6, 2017.Google Scholar
- 26.Gershon R, Grenier M, Seifert RW. The MassHealth Waiver 2016–2022: Delivering Reform. 2017. Commonwealth Medicine Publications.Google Scholar
© Society of General Internal Medicine 2017