An interfacial mechanical model for the analysis of earthquake
- 16 Downloads
In this paper, the shear beam model for analysis of interface failure under joint action of anti-plane shearing and lateral compression and its principal behavior were briefly introduced. The calculation of energy release that is related to the strength of earthquake was presented by using the shear beam model. The sudden increase of load resulted from the "stress locking" at the interface layer in the reloading process was investigated. At the end of the paper, discussions on the mechanism of earthquake were given out.
Key wordsinterface failure shear beam model stress locking sudden variation of load instability earthquake
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- DU Xing-xin, SHAO Hui-cheng. 1999. Modern tectonic stress field in the Chinese mainland inversed from focal mechanism solutions [J]. Acta Seismologica Sinica, 12(4): 390–397.Google Scholar
- HUA An-zeng. 1989. Rock burst and energy release [A]. In: SUN Jun, LIN Yun-mei eds. New Advances in Rock Mechanics [C]. Shenyang: Northeast University of Technology Press, 220–229 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Hutchinson J W, Suo Z. 1991. Mixed mode cracking of layered materials [A]. In: Hutchinson W, Wu T Y eds. Adv Appl Mech, 29 [C]. New York: Academic Press, 63–191.Google Scholar
- JIAO Ming-ruo, ZHANG Guo-min, CHE Shi, et al. 1999. Numerical calculation of tectonic stress field of the Chinese mainland and its neighboring regions and their applications to explanation of seismic activity [J]. Acta Seismologica Sinica, 12(2): 137–147.Google Scholar
- JIANG Zai-sen, ZHU Yi-qing, WANG Qing-liang, et al. 1999. Dynamic pattern characteristics of fault deformation and gravity field in the development process of Yongdeng M S=5.8 earthquake [J]. Acta Seismologica Sinica, 11(3): 313–320.Google Scholar
- Mroz Z, SHEN X P. 1999. Analysis of progressive interface failure under monotonic loading [A]. In: Xu B Y, Tokuda M, Wang X C eds. Microstructures and Mechanical Properties of New Engineering Materials [C]. Beijing: International Academic Publisher, 109–114.Google Scholar
- SHEN X P, Mroz Z. 2000. Analysis of progressive interface failure under cyclic loading [J]. Adv in Struc Engng, 4 (in press).Google Scholar
- SONG Zhi-ping, MEI Shi-rong, YIN Xiang-chu. 1999. On seismic strengthening area before strong and great shocks and its mechanism [J]. Acta Seismologica Sinica, 12(3): 298–305.Google Scholar
- YIN You-quan. 1993. Seismic instability [A]. In: The Office of the Chinese Society of Mechanics eds. Instability of Structure and Material [C]. Beijing: Science Press, 174–185 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- ZENG Hai-rong, SONG Hui-zhen. 1999. A study of 3-D finite element inverse model [J]. Acta Seismologica Sinica, 12(3): 249–256.Google Scholar