Study on automatic recognition of the first motion in a seismic event
- 13 Downloads
In this paper, we have studied the waveforms of background noise in a seismograph and set up an AR model to characterize them. We then complete the modeling and the automatic recognition program. Finally, we provide the results from automatic recognition and the manual recognition of the first motion for 25 underground explosions.
Key wordsseismic signal underground explosion AR model first motion automatic recognition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Allen R V. 1978. Automatic earthquake recognition and timing from single traces [J]. Bull Seism Soc Amer, 68: 1 521–1 532.Google Scholar
- Kushnir A F, Lapshin V M, Pinsky V I, et al. 1990. Statistically optimal event detection using small array data [J]. Bull Seism Soc Amer, 80: 1 934–1 950.Google Scholar
- WANG Rong-xin. 1993. Mathematical Statistics [M]. Xi’an: Xi’an Jiaotong University Press, 174–211 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- WU Zhong-liang, CHEN Yun-tai, MU Qi-duo. 1994. Nuclear Explosion Seismology An Outline [M]. Beijing: Seismological Press, 1–5, 83–95 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- YANG Wei-qin. 1988. Time Series Analysis and Dynamic Data Model [M]. Beijing: Beijing Technology University Press, 98–106, 232–241, 521–533 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- ZHAO Hong-ru, SUN Jin-zhong, TANG Wen-bang, et al. 1991. Analysis of Seismic Phases [M]. Beijing: Seismological Press, 170–192 (in Chinese).Google Scholar