Classification of manifolds with weakly 1/4-pinched curvatures
- First Online:
- 497 Downloads
We show that a compact Riemannian manifold with weakly pointwise 1/4-pinched sectional curvatures is either locally symmetric or diffeomorphic to a space form. More generally, we classify all compact, locally irreducible Riemannian manifolds M with the property that M × R2 has non-negative isotropic curvature.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brendle, S. & Schoen, R. M., Manifolds with 1/4-pinched curvature are space forms. Preprint, 2007. arXiv:0705.0766.Google Scholar
- Joyce, D. D., Compact Manifolds with Special Holonomy. Oxford Mathematical Monographs. Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2000.Google Scholar
- — Riemannian Geometry. de Gruyter Studies in Mathematics, 1. de Gruyter, Berlin, 1982.Google Scholar
- Kobayashi, S. & Nomizu, K., Foundations of Differential Geometry. Vol. I. Wiley Classics Library. Wiley, New York, 1996.Google Scholar
- — Foundations of Differential Geometry. Vol. II. Wiley Classics Library. Wiley, New York, 1996.Google Scholar
- Petersen, P., Riemannian Geometry, second edition. Graduate Texts in Mathematics, 171. Springer, New York, 2006.Google Scholar