Ring-Shaped Plasmonic Logic Gates
- 63 Downloads
Ring-shaped one-, two-, and three-bit plasmonic logic gate configurations and circuits have been proposed, which, besides being compact, are also versatile and can be easily cascaded, the output logic values being controlled by both the geometry of the multi-port rings and the phase of the incident beams. This latter degree of freedom, not fully exploited up to now in plasmonic circuits, offers a high degree of flexibility of logic gate configurations.
KeywordsPlasmonics Optical computing
This work was supported by a grant from the Ministry of Research and Innovation, CNCS-UEFISCDI, project number PN-III-P4-ID-PCE-2016-0122, within PNCDI III.
- 2.Szunerits S, Boukherroub R (eds) (2015) Introduction to plasmonics: advances and applications. Pan Stanford, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 11.Vladescu E, Dragoman D (2018) Reconfigurable plasmonic logic gates. Plasmonics. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11468-018-0737-z
- 12.Davis TJ, Gómez DE, Roberts A (2017) Plasmonic circuits for manipulating optical information. Nanophotonics 6:543–559Google Scholar
- 18.Mongia RK, Bahl IJ, Bhartia P, Hong J (2007) RF and microwave coupled-line circuits, 2nd edn. Artech House, BostonGoogle Scholar
- 23.Misra NK, Kushwaha MK, Wairya S, Kumar A (2015) Cost efficient design of reversible adder circuits for low power applications. Int J Comput Appl 117(19):37–45Google Scholar
- 24.Shende VV, Markov IL (2009) On the CNOT-cost of Toffoli gates. Quantum Inf Comput 9:461–486Google Scholar