Kinetic modeling of dilute solid-liquid two-phase flows with inelastic collisions
- 68 Downloads
A kinetic model was presented for dilute solid-liquid two-phase flows with inelastic collisions by modeling the inelastic collisions with the revised BGK model (Santos and Astillero, 2005) and particle turbulence interactions with the Fokker-Planck operator. The formulated model kinetic equation was solved with the Chapman-Enskog method and the obtained approximate solution was further adopted to derive the constitutive relationships for the conservation equations of the particle phase. The new constitutive relationships would be suitable for the study on dilute solid-liquid two-phase flows such as sediment-laden flows in open channels or rivers.
Keywordskinetic model two-phase flows inelastic collision BGK model constitutive relations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Gidaspow D. Multiphase Flow and Fluidization: Continuum and Kinetic Theory Descriptions. San Diego: Academic Press, 1994Google Scholar
- 14.Xu Y, Zhou L X. A second-order moment two-phase turbulence model based on the Lagrangian PDF (in Chinese). Chin J Comput Phys, 2000, 17: 633–640Google Scholar
- 17.Boelle A, Balzer G, Simonin O. Second-order prediction of the particle-phase stress tensor of inelastic spheres in simple shear dense suspensions. ASME Gas-Particle Flows, 1995, FED-228: 9–18Google Scholar
- 20.Fu X D, Wang G Q. Kinetic model of particulate phase in dilute solid-liquid two-phase flows (in Chinese). Acta Mech Sin, 2003, 35: 650–659Google Scholar
- 23.Wang G Q, Fu X D, Wang X K. Kinetic modeling of constitutive relations for particle motion in low to moderately concentrated flows. Int J Sed Res, 2005, 20: 305–318Google Scholar
- 25.Asakura K, Asari T, Nakajima I. Simulation of upward solid-liquid flows in a vertical pipe. Shigen to Sozai, 1994, 110: 973–979Google Scholar
- 26.Xia J X, Han P. Stresses of cohesionless solids flow in water-sediment mixture (in Chinese). Acta Mech Sin, 2004, 36: 213–217Google Scholar
- 28.Santos A. A simple model kinetic equation for inelastic Maxwell particles. In: Ivanov M S, Rebrov A K, eds. Rarefied Gas Dynamics, Novosibirsk, 2007. 143–148Google Scholar
- 29.Chapman S, Cowling T G. The Mathematical Theory of Non-Uniform Gases. 3rd ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1970Google Scholar