New quaternary sequences of even length with optimal auto-correlation
Sequences with low auto-correlation property have been applied in code-division multiple access communication systems, radar and cryptography. Using the inverse Gray mapping, a quaternary sequence of even length N can be obtained from two binary sequences of the same length, which are called component sequences. In this paper, using interleaving method, we present several classes of component sequences from twin-prime sequences pairs or GMW sequences pairs given by Tang and Ding in 2010; or two, three or four binary sequences defined by cyclotomic classes of order 4. Hence we can obtain new classes of quaternary sequences, which are different from known ones, since known component sequences are constructed from a pair of binary sequences with optimal auto-correlation or Sidel’nikov sequences.
Keywordsbinary sequences quaternary sequences Gray mapping interleaving cyclotomy
The work of Wei SU was supported by National Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 61402377), and in part supported by Open Research Subject of Key Laboratory (Research Base) of Digital Space Security (Grant No. szjj2014-075), and Science and Technology on Communication Security Laboratory (Grant No. 9140C110302150C11004). The work of Yang YANG was supported by National Science Foundation of China (Grants Nos. 61401376, 11571285), and Application Fundamental Research Plan Project of Sichuan Province (Grant No. 2016JY0160). The work of Zhengchun ZHOU and Xiaohu TANG was supported by National Science Foundation of China (Grants Nos. 61672028, 61325005).
- 1.Fan P Z, Darnell M. Sequences Design for Communication Applications. Australia and New Zealand: Jacaranda Wiley Ltd., 1996. 5–15Google Scholar
- 8.Sidelnikov V M. Some k-vauled pseudo-random sequences and nearly equidistant codes. Probl Inf Trans, 1969, 5: 12–16Google Scholar
- 13.Kim Y-S, Jang J-W, Kim S-H, et al. New quaternary sequences with optimal autocorrelation. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Symposium on Information Theory, Seoul, 2009. 286–289Google Scholar
- 15.Kim Y-S, Jang J-W, Kim S-H, et al. New construction of quaternary sequences with ideal autocorrelation from Legendre sequences. In: Proceedings of the IEEE international conference on Symposium on Information Theory, Seoul, 2009. 282–285Google Scholar
- 16.Jang J W, Kim Y S, Kim S H, et al. New quaternary sequences with ideal autocorrelation constructed from binary sequences with ideal autocorrelation. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, Seoul, 2009. 278–281Google Scholar