Construction of punctured and extended quantum codes over GF(2)
- 133 Downloads
On the basis of elementary transformation, we propose a new method for constructing a class of pure quantum codes [[n − i, 2k − n + i, d − i]]2 and [[n + 1, 2k − n − 1, d + 1]]2 from a class of classical linear codes [n, k, d]2 that contain their dual codes. The construction process was based on the elementary algebra; the error-correcting performance of the quantum codes was analyzed according to the relationship between the parity-check matrix and the minimum distance of the classical linear codes; the encoding and decoding networks were constructed based on the stabilizer. The proposed method is simple, straightforward and easy to implement using a computer and other hardware system. The theoretical results showed that the method is practical for the construction of a class of quantum codes.
KeywordsCalderbank-Shor-Steane code punctured code extended code Hamming code check matrix
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Liu T L, Wen Q Y, Liu Z H. Construction of nonbinary cyclic codes by using graph method. Sci China Ser E-Inf Sci, 2005, 35: 588–596Google Scholar
- 5.Sarvepalli P, Klappenecker A. Nonbinary quantum Reed-Muller codes. In: Proceedings of 2005 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory. Adelaide, 2005. 1023–1027Google Scholar
- 15.Wang E F, Shi S M. Advanced Algebra(in Chinese). 3rd ed. Beijing: Higher Education Press, 2003. 23–35Google Scholar
- 16.Chen L S, Shen S Y. Basic Theory of Coding(in Chinese). Beijing: Higher Education Press, 2005. 106–124Google Scholar
- 17.Xiao F Y. Quantum Channel Coding Based on the Stabilizer. Dissertation for the Doctoral Degree. Nanjing: Southeast University, 2010. 53–82Google Scholar