The active glycosides from Urtica fissa rhizome decoction
- 125 Downloads
Using bioassay guided fractionation, 16 glycosides, including two new compounds (1 and 2), were isolated from the anticomplement and anti-inflammatory portion of an Urtica fissa rhizome decoction used for arthritis. Several compounds were found to possess significant anticomplement and anti-inflammatory activities. This study revealed that glycosides played an important role in the therapeutic effects of Urtica fissa rhizome.
KeywordsUrtica fissa Decoction Glycoside Anticomplement Anti-inflammatory
This study was financially supported by a grant of the National Natural Science Fund of China (No. 81374067). The authors would like to thank Dr. Bona Dai of the Instrumental Analysis Center of Shanghai Jiao Tong University for NMR measurement.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that there is no any conflict of interest to disclose.
- 1.Chen JR, Lin Q, Friis I, Wilmot-Dear CM, Monro AK (2003) Flora of China (vol 5). Science Press, Beijing, pp 78–84Google Scholar
- 3.Ji BQ, Feng BM, Shi LY, Tang L, Wang YQ (2009) Chemical constituents of the roots of Urtica fissa E. Pritz. Chin Pharm J 44:1372–1374Google Scholar
- 6.Chinese Materia Medica Editorial Board (1999) Chinese Materia Medica (2). Shanghai Science and Technology Press, Shanghai, pp 584–585Google Scholar
- 7.Gao Y, Qi CL, Zhang L, Yue XM, Wang H (2015) Studies on the chemical constituents of fresh Polygonatum sibiricum. Pharm Clin Res 23:365–367Google Scholar
- 9.Xue PF, Liang H, Wang B, Zhao YY (2005) Chemical constituents from Potentilla multifida L. J Chin Pharm Sci 14:86–88Google Scholar
- 10.Liu LH, Pu JX, Zhao JF, Mei SX, Yang XD, Wang YB, Zhang HB, Li L (2004) A new lignan from Boschniakia himalaica. Chin Chem Lett 15:43–45Google Scholar
- 11.Liu DL, Xu SX, Wang WF (1998) A novel lignan glucoside from Forsythia suspensa Vahl. J Chin Pharm Sci 7:49–50Google Scholar
- 13.Duan YH, Dai Y, Gao H, Ye WC, Yao XS (2010) The chemical study on Sarcandra glabra (Thunb.) Naka. Chin Tradit Herb Drugs 41:29–32Google Scholar
- 14.Peng JN, Lu YR, Chen DC (1995) Studies on the chemical constituents of Indian mockstrawberry (Duchesnea indica). Chin Tradit Herb Drugs 26:339–341Google Scholar