Quantitative stability of the Brunn-Minkowski inequality for sets of equal volume
- 43 Downloads
The authors prove a quantitative stability result for the Brunn-Minkowski inequality on sets of equal volume: If |A| = |B| > 0 and |A + B|1/n = (2+δ)|A|1/n for some small δ, then, up to a translation, both A and B are close (in terms of δ) to a convex set K. Although this result was already proved by the authors in a previous paper, the present paper provides a more elementary proof that the authors believe has its own interest. Also, the result here provides a stronger estimate for the stability exponent than the previous result of the authors.
KeywordsQuantitative stability Brunn-Minkowski Affine geometry Convex geometry Additive combinatorics
2000 MR Subject Classification49Q20 52A40 52A20 11P70
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work started during Alessio Figalli’s visit at MIT during the fall 2012. Alessio Figalli wishes to thank the Mathematics Department at MIT for its warm hospitality.
- Christ, M., Near equality in the two-dimensional Brunn-Minkowski inequality, Preprint, 2012. http://arxiv. org/abs/1206.1965Google Scholar
- Christ, M., Near equality in the Brunn-Minkowski inequality, Preprint, 2012. http://arxiv.org/abs/1207.5062Google Scholar
- Christ, M., An approximate inverse Riesz-Sobolev inequality, Preprint, 2011. http://arxiv.org/abs/1112.3715Google Scholar
- Christ, M., Personal communication.Google Scholar
- Figalli, A., Stability results for the Brunn-Minkowski inequality, Colloquium De Giorgi 2013 and 2014, 119–127, Colloquia, 5, Ed. Norm., Pisa, 2014.Google Scholar
- Figalli, A., Quantitative stability results for the Brunn-Minkowski inequality, Proceedings of the ICM 2014, to appear.Google Scholar
- Figalli, A. and Jerison, D., Quantitative stability for the Brunn-Minkowski inequality, Adv. Math., to appear.Google Scholar
- Freiman, G. A., Foundations of a structural theory of set addition, Translated from the Russian, Translations of Mathematical Monographs, Vol. 37. American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 1973.Google Scholar