Fostering path of ecological sustainable entrepreneurship within big data network system
- 649 Downloads
Traditional growth modes has encountered with frustrating social and environmental problems, while the intervention and governance of controlling or alleviating the negative externalities of enterprises do not bring about satisfying results since the traditional entrepreneurs do not take social, environmental and sustainable responsibilities as their imperative responsibility. Furthermore, the previous literatures concerning entrepreneurship does not consider entrepreneurship with the advantage of big data internet system. In this sense, the research establishes a theoretically framework to understand the fostering path of ecological sustainable entrepreneurship within big data internet system, especially with the comprehension of the situation in developing context. The obtained conclusions are listed as follows. First, the theoretical framework of endogenous and exogenous motivations for traditional entrepreneurship takes economic achievement as the primary motivation for traditional growth. Second, the ecological sustainable entrepreneurship within big data internet system focuses on dealing with negative issues and realizing better off in both social and ecological aspects from the very beginning to the end. Finally and most importantly, the research provides the identification of fostering path of ecological sustainable entrepreneurship within big data internet system, and indicates the fostering path lies in the dimensions of (1) positive ecological or environmental, social, and sustainable concerns and actions during the whole period; (2) collective spirit, challenge and learning; (3) crowd funding in financial start-up capital; (4) shorten growth period; and (5) even greater economic profit than traditional enterprises.
KeywordsFostering path Ecological sustainable entrepreneurship Big data internet system Traditional entrepreneurship
This work is supported by grant from Youth Project of National Social Sciences Foundation in China (No.16CTJ010), The author also gratefully acknowledges the helpful comments and suggestions of the reviewers, which have improved the paper.
- Abimbola, H., & Agboola, G. M. (2011). Environmental factors and entrepreneurship development in Nigeria. Journal of Sustainable Development in Africa, 13(4), 166–176.Google Scholar
- Abu-Saifan, S. (2012). Social entrepreneurship: definition and boundaries. Technology Innovation Management Review, 2, 22–26.Google Scholar
- Ahlstrom, D., & Ding, Z. (2014). Entrepreneurship in China: An overview. International Small Business Journal (IJBR), 14(3), 163–172.Google Scholar
- Brauer, M., Freedman, G., Frostad, J., van Donkelaar, A., Martin, R., Dentener, F., van Dingenen, R., Estep, K., Amini, H., Apte, J. S., Balakrishnan, K., Barregard, L., Broday, D. M., Feigin, V., Ghosh, S., Hopke, P. K., Knibbs, L. D., Kokubo, Y., Liu, Y., Ma, S., Morawska, L., Sangrador, J. L. T., Shaddick, G., Anderson, H. R., Vos, T., Forouzanfar, M. H., Burnett, R. T., & Cohen, A. (2016). Ambient air pollution exposure estimation for the Global Burden of Disease 2013. Environmental Science & Technology, 50(1), 79–88.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Gartner, W. B. (1985). A conceptual framework for describing the phenomenon of new venture creation. Academy of Management Review, 10(4), 696–706.Google Scholar
- Gray W. (2015). Environmental regulations and business decisions. IZA World of Labor.Google Scholar
- Guiso, L., Pistaferri, L., & Schivardi, F. (2015), Learning Entrepreneurship from Other Entrepreneurs? NBER Working Paper No. w21775.Google Scholar
- Haley , G. T., Haley, U.C.V., & Tan, C.T. (2009). New Asian Emperors: The Business Strategies of the Overseas Chinese. Singapore: Wiley.Google Scholar
- Ireland, R.D., Hitt, M.A., Camp M., & Sexton, D.L. (2001). Integrating entrepreneurship and strategic management action to create firm wealth. ACAD Manage Perspect, 15(1), 49-63.Google Scholar
- Landes, D.S. (1998). The wealth and poverty of nations: Why some are so rich and some so poor. W. W. Norton & Company.Google Scholar
- Letaifa, S.B., & Goglio-Primard, K. (2016). How does institutional context shape entrepreneurship conceptualizations? Journal of Business Research, 69(11), 5128–5134.Google Scholar
- Liu, L., & Zhang, Y. (2017). Does Non-Employment Based Health Insurance Promote Entrepreneurship? Evidence from a Policy Experiment in China, Journal of Comparative Economics. doi: 10.1016/j.jce.2017.04.003.
- Patrick, T.-O. (2010). A Review of Environmental Entrepreneurship as an Agenda for Rural Development: The Case for Ghana. Ssrn Electronic Journal, 2, 27–34.Google Scholar
- Rawski, T. (1989). Economic growth in Prewar China. University of California Press.Google Scholar
- Reynolds, P., Bygrave, W., Autio, E., Arenius, P., Fitzsimons, P., Minniti, M., Murray, S., Goran, C. O’, Roche, F. (2004). Global entrepreneurship monitor – 2003 executive report, GEM Global Entrepreneurship Monitor.Google Scholar
- Schaltegger, S., & Hansen, E. (2013). Industry transformation through sustainable entrepreneurship examples in the apparel and energy industries. The necessary transition: the journey towards the sustainable enterprise economy. Oxford University Press. 16, 182–197.Google Scholar
- Shaw, E., Gordon, J., Harvey, C. and Maclean, M. (2013). Exploring contemporary entrepreneurial philanthropy Exploring contemporary entrepreneurial philanthropy. International Small Business Journal, 31(5), 580-599.Google Scholar
- Stephan, U., Hart, M., & Drews, C.-C. (2015), Understanding motivations for entrepreneurship a review of recent research evidence, Rapid Evidence Assessment paper. Google Scholar
- Tan, H. (2015). Does industry priority exist in the distortion of elements’ market in China-empirical evidence from provincial panel data. Management World, 12, 96–105.Google Scholar
- The Economist. (2011). Entrepreneurship in China: Let a million flowers bloom, March 10, http://www.economist.com/node/18330120/print.Google Scholar
- WCED, W.C.o.E.a.D. (1987), Report of the world commission on environment and development: “Our common future”, General Assembly document, A/42/427.Google Scholar
- Xu, B., Zeng, J., & Watada, J. (2014). Changes in Production Efficiency in China: Identification and Measuring. Springer New York, doi: 10.1007/978-1-4614-7720-4.
- Zeng, J. (2015b). Public welfare supervision research of public hospitals (In Chinese). China Social Science Press, ISBN 978-7-5161-6249-1.Google Scholar