Good times, bad times: entrepreneurship and the business cycle
- 659 Downloads
This article introduces the special issue on Entrepreneurship and the Business Cycle, comprising articles presented at the workshop Good Times Bad Times: Entrepreneurship and the Cycle, held at the University of Valencia in November 2011. The workshop was organized to share insights about the under-researched issue of the interplay between entrepreneurship and cyclical dimensions of entrepreneurship.
KeywordsEntrepreneurship Entrepreneurship cycle Business cycle Business density Unemployment Job creation
Early versions of most papers of this issue were presented at the Workshop Good Times Bad Times: Entrepreneurship and the Cycle (Valencia, Spain; November 2011). Guest Editors gratefully acknowledge the effort of reviewers for their valuable comments and suggestions that made a significant difference in the development of the manuscripts. Special thanks go to the former and current editors of International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal – Domingo Ribeiro and Salvador Roig – for their support. We acknowledge funding from the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (projects ECO2011-25033, ECO2011-30323-C03-02 and ECO2013-43526-R,), the Generalitat Valenciana (Project PROMETEOII/2014/054) and Fundación BBVA (Project 2014).
- Acs, Z. J., Audretsch, D. B., Braunerhjelm, P., & Carlsson, B. (2010). The missing link: knowledge diffusion and entrepreneurship in endogenous growth. Small Business Economics, 34(1), 105–125.Google Scholar
- Casson, M. (1982). The entrepreneur: An economic theory. Oxford: Martin Robertson.Google Scholar
- Parker, S.C. (2012). Entrepreneurship and the Business Cycle: Evidence and Implications for Policy Makers. In Braunerhjelm, P. (Ed.), Swedish Economic Forum Report 2012. Entrepreneurship, Norms and the Business Cycle, Chapter 2, 35–51.Google Scholar
- Schultz, T. W. (1975). The value of the ability to deal with disequilibria. Journal of Economic Literature, 13(3), 827–846.Google Scholar
- Thurik, A.R. (2014). Entrepreneurship and the Business Cycle, IZA World of Labor, 90, doi: 10.15185/izawol.90