Natural manganese ore catalyst for low-temperature selective catalytic reduction of NO with NH3 in coke-oven flue gas
- 233 Downloads
Different types of manganese ore raw materials were prepared for use as catalysts, and the effects of different manganese ore raw materials and calcination temperature on the NO conversion were analyzed. The catalysts were characterized by XRF, XRD, BET, XPS, H2-TPR, NH3-TPD, and SEM techniques. The results showed that the NO conversion of calcined manganese ore with a Mn:Fe:Al:Si ratio of 1.51:1.26:0.34:1 at 450 °C reached 80% at 120 °C and 98% at 180~240 °C. The suitable proportions and better dispersibility of active ingredients, larger BET surface area, good reductibility, a lot of acid sites, contents of Mn4+ and Fe3+, and surface-adsorbed oxygen played important roles in improving the NO conversion.
KeywordsManganese ore Selective catalytic reduction Low temperature NO
We greatly appreciate the financial support provided by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 51676001, 51376007, and U1660206), the Anhui Provincial Natural Science Foundation (No. 1608085ME104), and Key Projects of Anhui Province University Outstanding Youth Talent (Nos. gxyqZD2016074 and gxyqZD2017038).
- Cai S, Hu H, Li HR, Shi L, Zhang D (2016) Design of multi-shell Fe2O3@MnOx@CNTs for the selective catalytic reduction of NO with NH3: improvement of catalytic activity and SO2 tolerance. Nano 8:3588–3598Google Scholar
- Fang C, Zhang D, Cai S, Zhang L, Huang L, Li H, Maitarad P, Shi L, Gao R, Zhang J (2013) Low-temperature selective catalytic reduction of NO with NH3 over nanoflaky MnOx on carbon nanotubes in situ prepared via a chemical bath deposition route. Nano 5:9199–9207Google Scholar
- Li JH, Zhang XL, Chen TH (2010) Characterization and ammonia adsorption-desorption of palygor-skite-supported manganese oxide as a low-temperature selective catalytic reduction catalyst. Chinese J Catal 31:454–460Google Scholar
- Lu WZ, Zhao XG, Wang H, Xiao WD (2000) Catalytic oxidation of NO. Chin J Catal 21:423–427Google Scholar
- Strohmeier BR, Leyden DE, Field RS, Hercules DM (1985) Surface spectroscopic characterization of manganese/aluminum oxide catalysts. J Phys Chem 16:4922–4929Google Scholar
- Tae SP, Soon KJ, Sung HH, Sung CH (2001) Selective catalytic reduction of nitrogen oxides with NH3 over natural manganese ore at low temperature. Ind Eng Chem Res40:4491–4495Google Scholar
- Zha XB, Liang H, Gui KT, Cai S, Wang R (2015) Study on the performance of iron ore catalysts on SCR of NOx with NH3 at low-temperature. J Eng Thermophys-rus 36:811–815Google Scholar
- Zheng YY, Wang X (2014) Research progress on Mn-based catalysts for low-temperature selective catalytic reduction of NOx. J Funct Mater 45:11008–11012Google Scholar