Is it possible to extrapolate results of aquatic microcosm and mesocosm experiments with pesticides between climate zones in Europe?
- 367 Downloads
KeywordsChlorpyrifos Mesocosm Experiment Recovery Potential Exposure Regime Exposure Profile
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
This study is funded by the Portuguese government through Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia (FCT; research project reference: PTDC/AGR-AAM/105459/2008).
- Alvarez Cobelas M, Rojo C, Angeler DG (2005) Mediterranean limnology: current status, gaps and future. J Limnol 64:13–29Google Scholar
- Arts GHP, Buijse-Bogdan LL, Belgers JDM, Van Rhenen-Kersten CH, Van Wijngaarden RPA, Roessink I, Maund SJ, Van den Brink PJ, Brock TCM (2006) Ecological impact in ditch mesocosms of simulated spray drift from a crop protection programme for potatoes. Integr Environ Assess Manag 2:105–125CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Brock TCM, Alix A, Brown CD, Capri E, Gottesbüren BFF, Heimbach F, Lythgo CM, Schulz R, Streloke E (eds) (2010) Linking aquatic exposure and effects: risk assessment of pesticides. SETAC Press & CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, Boca Raton, London, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- EU (2009) Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009 of the European parliament and of the council of 21 October 2009 concerning the placing of plant protection products on the market and repealing Council Directives 79/117/EEC and 91/414/EEC. Off J Eur Comm L 309:1–50Google Scholar
- [FOCUS] Forum for the Co-ordination of Pesticide Fate Models and Their Use (2001) FOCUS surface water scenarios in the EU evaluation process under 91/414/EEC. Report of the FOCUS Working Group on Surface Water Scenarios. EC Document Reference SANCO/4802/2001-rev.2Google Scholar
- Mayer FL, Ellersieck ME (1986) Manual of acute toxicity: interpretation and data base for 410 chemicals and 66 species of freshwater animals. No 160. US Fish and Wildlife Service, Washington DCGoogle Scholar
- Moss B, Stephen D, Balayla DM, Bécares E, Collings SE, Fernández-Aláez C, Fernández-Aláez M, Ferriol C, García P, Gomá J, Gyllström M, Hansson LA, Hietala J, Kairesalo T, Miracle MR, Romo S, Rueda J, Russell V, Ståhl-Delbanco A, Svensson M, Vakkilainen K, Valentín M, Van de Bund WJ, Van Donk E, Vicente E, Villena MJ (2004) Continental-scale patterns of nutrient and fish effects on shallow lakes: synthesis of a pan-European mesocosm experiment. Freshw Biol 49:1633–1649CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Prados EA, Novillo-Villajos A (2010) Ecological characterization of permanente and ephemeral streams of a typical mediterranean agricultural landscape (East and Southeast of Iberian Peninsula). In: Brock TCM, Alix A, Brown CD, Capri E, Gottesbüren BFF, Heimbach F, Lythgo CM, Schulz R, Streloke E (eds) Linking aquatic exposure and effects: risk assessment of pesticides. SETAC Press & CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, Boca Raton, pp 288–303Google Scholar
- Tarazona JV (2005) Geographical differences in the evaluation and prediction of the effects of pesticides. In: Liess M, Brown C, Dohmen P, Duquesne S, Hart A, Heimbach F, Kreuger J, Lagadic L, Maund S, Reinert W, Streloke M, Tarazona JV (eds) Effects of pesticides in the field. SETAC Europe, Brussels, pp 102–104Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 2010