Relationship Based Heuristic for Selecting Friends in Social Internet of Things
- 9 Downloads
Internet of Things is the future era of computing, where every conventional object are equipped with sensing and communicating capabilities to co-ordinate with each other autonomously to achieve a common goal. Social Internet of Things is the recent enhancement of Internet of Things where the communication between objects employs theories and observations from human social behavior with various types of relationships. The number of objects directly communicating with a device needs to be managed intelligently to cope with the memory and computational capacity of each object. Heuristic which are developed earlier uses graphical property of the device; this is the first work to the best of our knowledge to adopt the type of relationship in relationship management heuristic. An analysis is also presented after applying the heuristic in an Social Internet of Things environment.
KeywordsInternet of Things Social Internet of Things Relationship management heuristic
- 1.Ashton, K. (2009). That ‘internet of things’ thing. RFID Journal, 22(7), 97–114.Google Scholar
- 6.Nitti, M., Atzori, L., & Cvijikj, I. P. (2014). Network navigability in the social internet of things. In 2014 IEEE world forum on internet of things (WF-IoT), March 2014 (pp. 405–410).Google Scholar
- 11.https://growthenabler.com/flipbook/pdf/IOT%20Report.pdf. Accessed December 10, 2018.
- 12.Bastian, M., Heymann, S., & Jacomy, M. (2009). Gephi: An open source software for exploring and manipulating networks.Google Scholar
- 14.Kleinberg, J. (2000). The small-world phenomenon: An algorithmic perspective. In Proceedings of the thirty-second annual ACM symposium on theory of computing, STOC ‘00 (pp. 163–170). New York, NY: ACM.Google Scholar