Energy Efficient QoS Aware Hierarchical KF-MAC Routing Protocol in Manet
- 5 Downloads
The paper proposes an energy efficient quality of services (QoS) aware hierarchical KF-MAC routing protocol in mobile ad-hoc networks. The proposed KF-MAC (K-means cluster formation firefly cluster head selection based MAC routing) protocol reduces the concentration of QoS parameters when the node transmits data from source to destination. At first, K-means clustering technique is utilized for clustering the network into nodes. Then the clustered nodes are classified and optimized by the firefly optimization algorithm to find cluster heads for the clustered nodes. The transmission of data begins in the network nodes and TDMA based MAC routing does communication. The observation on KF-MAC protocol performs well for QoS parameters such as bandwidth, delay, bit error rate and jitter. The evaluation of proposed protocol based on a simulation study concludes that the proposed protocol provides a better result in contrast to the existing fuzzy based energy aware routing protocol and modified dynamic source routing protocol. With KF-MAC protocol, the collision free data transmission with low average energy consumption is achieved.
KeywordsMANET QoS Clustering Firefly Cluster head Routing
- 7.Das, S. K., & Tripathi, S. (2016). Intelligent energy-aware efficient routing for MANET (pp. 1–21). Wireless Networks: Springer.Google Scholar
- 8.Nayak, K., & Gupta, N. (2015). Energy efficient consumption based performance of AODV, DSR and ZRP routing protocol in MANET. International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology (IJEIT), Energy, 4(11), 82–90.Google Scholar
- 10.Mohammad, A. A. K., Mirza, A., & Vemuru, S. (2016). Energy aware routing for manets based on current processing state of nodes. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, 91(2), 340.Google Scholar
- 15.Dhenakaran, S. S., & Parvathavarthini, A. (2013). An overview of routing protocols in mobile ad-hoc network. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, 3(2), 251–259.Google Scholar
- 17.Aggarwal, A., Gandhi, S., & Chaubey, N. (2014). Performance analysis of AODV, DSDV and DSR in MANETS. ArXiv preprint http://arxiv.org/abs/1402.2217, 2(6), 167–168.
- 18.Mounica, M., & Kumar, S. V. (2015). Multicast routing In MANETS. International Journal of Science Engineering and Advance Technology, IJSEAT, 3(10), 694–697.Google Scholar
- 22.Mohsin, A. H., Bakar, K. A., & Zainal, A. (2017). Optimal control overhead based multi-metric routing for MANET. Wireless Networks, 3(12), 1–17.Google Scholar
- 24.Gomathi, K., Parvathavarthini, B., & Saravanakumar, C. (2017). An efficient secure group communication in MANET using fuzzy trust based clustering and hierarchical distributed group key management. Wireless Personal Communications, 97(4), 1–14.Google Scholar