Fast Symbol Detection for Massive G-STBC MIMO Systems
- 21 Downloads
In this paper, a group-based fast symbol detection scheme is proposed for massive Group-wise Space–Time Block Code Multiple-Input Multiple-Output systems. The proposed scheme first chooses a number G, (e.g. \(G=4,6,8\)) as the size of each group and then conducts the Minimum Mean Square Error (MMSE) detectors to facilitate symbol detection group by group. In particular, instead of directly using huge computational complexity to compute the MMSE detectors, the proposed scheme recursively finds the corresponding assistant matrices to determine the groups and calculate the MMSE detectors. As a result, the transmitted symbols can be recursively estimated group by group. Finally, simulation results and complexity analysis show the proposed scheme performs very close to the existing methods, while using lower computational complexity.
KeywordsV-BLAST Massive MIMO MMSE STBC
This work was supported by Ministry of Science and Technology of R.O.C. under Contract MOST 105-2923-E-022-001-MY3.
- 1.Chang, B. J., Liang, Y. H., Jhuang, K. P., & Tsai, T. S. (2014) Cross-layer channel selection and reward-based power allocation for maximizing system capacity and reward in 4G MIMO wireless communications. In Proceedings of ISEEE, April, 2014 (pp. 1793–1797). https://doi.org/10.1109/InfoSEEE.2014.6946231.
- 2.Bogale, T. E., & Le, L. B. (2016). Massive MIMO and mmWave for 5G wireless HetNet potential benefits and challenges. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 11(1), 64–75.Google Scholar
- 3.Hengzhi, W., Wei, W., Xiaoming, C., & Zhaoyang, Z. (2014) Wireless information and energy transfer in interference aware massive MIMO systems. In Proceedings of IEEE global communications conference, December, 2014 (pp. 2556–2561). https://doi.org/10.1109/GLOCOM.2014.7037192.
- 5.Trimeche, A., Boukid, N., Sakly, A., & Mtibaa, A. (2012). Performance analysis of ZF and MMSE equalizers for MIMO systems. In Proceedings of international conference on DTIS (pp. 1–6). https://doi.org/10.1109/DTIS.2012.6232979.
- 6.Wolniansky, P. W., Foschini, G. J., Golden, G. D., & Valenzuela, R. A. (1998). V-BLAST: An architecture for realizing very high data rates over the rich-scattering wireless channel. In International symposium on signals, systems and electronics, October, 1998 (pp. 295–300). https://doi.org/10.1109/ISSSE.1998.738086.
- 10.Proakis, J. G., & Salehi, M. (2008). Digital communications (5th ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar