Performance Comparison of MIMO-STBC Systems with Adaptive Semiblind Channel Estimation Scheme
- 208 Downloads
Wireless communication is now a part of everyday life in the urban areas. Wireless LAN is mostly utilized communication system as an example. These wireless devices are data rate and range limited, for which the scientists are spending great efforts on finding ways to overcome these limitations. Multi input multi output (MIMO) antenna systems are the example through which these limitations have been reduced upto great extent which provides multilayer beamforming, diversity, and spatial multiplexing. Analysis of adaptive semiblind channel estimation scheme for MIMO antenna array systems with different code rate space time block coding (STBC) has been performed using the adaptive pilot assisted modulation scheme proposed earlier. Semi blind channel estimation method provides the best trade-off in terms of bandwidth overhead, computational complexity and latency. The result after using MIMO systems shows higher data rate and longer transmit range without any requirement of additional bandwidth or transmit power. This paper presents the detailed analysis of diversity coding techniques using MIMO antenna systems. Different STBC schemes have been explored and analyzed with the different code rate STBC using MATLAB environment and the simulated results have been compared in the semiblind environment which shows the improvement even in highly correlated antenna arrays, and is found close to the condition when channel state information is known to the channel.
KeywordsSpace time block coding (STBC) OSTBC Multiple input multiple output (MIMO) MIMO-STBC Semiblind channel estimation Blind channel estimation
The author thankfully acknowledges the support provided by the authorities and management of Jaypee University of Engineering and Technology, Guna, India.
- 1.IEEE P802.11n/D5.0. (2008, May). IEEE Unapproved Draft Std P802.11n/D5.0.Google Scholar
- 4.Molisch, A. (2005). Wireless communications. New York: Wiley-IEEE Press.Google Scholar
- 6.Wittneben, A. (1991). Basestation modulation diversity for digital simulcast. In 41st IEEE vehicular technology conference, 1991. Gateway to the future technology in motion.Google Scholar
- 16.Yingwei, Y., & Giannakis, G. B. (2005). Blind carrier frequency offset estimation in SISO, MIMO, and multiuser OFDM systems. IEEE Transactions on Communications, 53(1), 173–183.Google Scholar
- 22.Halunga, S. V., Vizireanu, N., & Fratu, O. (2010). Imperfect cross-correlation and amplitude balance effects on conventional multiuser decoder with turbo encoding. Digital Signal Processing, 20(1), 191–200.Google Scholar