Doppler Estimation from Echo Signal Using FRFT
- 281 Downloads
Fractional Fourier transform has been emerged as a very promising tool in the analysis of signal processing and optical communication. In radar communication, the ambiguity function plays an important role in estimating the delay and Doppler shift introduced in received signal. With the limitation of ambiguity function based on Fourier transform, the FRFT based ambiguity function has been introduced. But it imposes a large computational complexity in the problems where only delay and Doppler shift is needed to estimate. In this article, a new method is introduced to estimate delay and Doppler shift based on the FRFT of received echo signal.
KeywordsAmbiguity function FRFT LFM signal
Authors thankfully acknowledge the critical evaluation and fruitful guidance provided by the learned reviewers.
- 1.Yasotharan, A., & Thayaparan, T. (2002). Strengths and limitations of the Fourier method for detecting accelerating targets by pulse Doppler radar. IEE Proceedings—Radar, Sonor Navigation Vol. 149, no. 2.Google Scholar
- 2.Abatzoglou, J. T., & Gheen, G. O. (1998). Range, radial velocity, and acceleration MLE using radar LFM pulse train. IEEE Transactions On Aerospace and Electronics Systems Vol. 34, no. 4.Google Scholar
- 3.Yasotharan, A., & Thayaparan, T. (2006). Time-Frequency Method for Detecting an Accelerating Target in Sea Clutter. IEEE Transactions On Aerospace and Electronics Systems Vol. 42, no. 4.Google Scholar
- 5.Borden, B. (2006). On the fractional wideband and narrowband ambiguity function in radar and sonar. IEEE Signal Processing Letters Vol. 13, no. 9.Google Scholar
- 6.Sun, H. B., Liu, G. S., Gu, H., & Su, W. M. (2002). Application of the fractional Fourier transform to moving target detection in airborne SAR. IEEE Transactions On Aerospace and Electronics Systems Vol. 38, no. 4.Google Scholar
- 7.Wang, G., Xia, X.-G., Root, B. T., Chen V. C., Zhang Y., & Amin M. (2003). Manoeuvring target detection in over-the-horizon radar using adaptive clutter rejection and adaptive chirplet transform. IEE Proceedings of Radar Sonar Navigation Vol. 150, No. 4.Google Scholar
- 10.Shan, T., Tao, R., & Sun, R. (2008) Fourth-order ambiguity function based on the fractional Fourier transform. IEEE computer society congress on image and, signal processing pp. 447–451.Google Scholar