Optimized Power Allocation for Layered-Steered Space-Time Codes
- 137 Downloads
Layered Steered Space-Time Codes (LSSTC) is a recently proposed multiple-input multiple-output system that combines the benefits of vertical Bell Labs space-time (VBLAST) scheme, space-time block codes and beamforming. We suggest a new downlink scheme employing LSSTC with asymmetric power allocation, by assuming that the user feeds the BS with the average signal-to-noise ratio per VBLAST layer through the uplink feedback channel. The motivation behind proposing such a system is to enhance the error performance by assigning power to the layers in an optimal manner. We refer to the system proposed as the optimal power allocation LSSTC (OPA-LSSTC). Our analysis is general such that it includes asymmetric layered systems in which each layer may have different number of antennas and also the power can be assigned to layers asymmetrically.
KeywordsLayered-steered space-time codes LSSTC Performance analysis Optimal power allocation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wolniansky, P. W., Foschini, G. J., Golden, G. D., & Valenzuela, R. A. (1998). V-BLAST : An architecture for realizing very high data rates over the rich-scattering wireless channel. URSI international symposium on signals, systems and electronics (pp. 295–300).Google Scholar
- 4.Mohammad, M., Al-Ghadhban, S., Woerner, B., & Tranter, W. (2004). Comparing decoding algorithms for multi-layered space-time block codes. IEEE SoutheastCon proceedings (pp. 147–152).Google Scholar
- 5.Chong, J. H., Khatun, S., Noordin, N. K., Ali, B. M., & Syed, M. J. (2008). Joint optimal detection of ordering SIC ZF and SIC ZF MAP for V-BLAST/STBC wireless communication systems. ENICS ’08: proceedings of the international conference on advances in electronics and micro-electronics (pp. 84–89).Google Scholar
- 8.Nam, S. H., & Lee, K. B. (2002). Transmit power allocation for an extended V-BLAST system, 2002. In The 13th IEEE international symposium on personal, indoor and mobile radio communications, 15-18 Sept. 2002 (Vol. 2, pp. 843–848).Google Scholar
- 12.Wang, N., & Blostein, S.D. (2005). Minimum BER transmit optimization for two-input multiple-output spatial multiplexing. In Global telecommunications conference, 2005. GLOBECOM ’05. IEEE (Vol. 6, pp. 3774–3778).Google Scholar
- 14.Proakis J. (2000) Digital communications (4th ed.). McGraw-Hill, New York, USAGoogle Scholar
- 15.Salim, A. (2010). Performance of layered steered space-time codes in wireless systems, Master’s thesis.Google Scholar
- 16.Al-Shalan, F. (2000). Performance of quadrature amplitude modulation in Nakagami fading channels with diversity. Ph.D. dissertation, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.Google Scholar
- 17.Tao, M., & Cheng, R. (2001). Low complexity post-ordered iterative decoding for generalized layered space-time coding systems. IEEE international conference on communications (Vol. 4, pp. 1137–1141).Google Scholar