Performance optimization for energy harvesting cognitive cooperative networks with imperfect spectrum sensing
In this paper, considering imperfect spectrum sensing in a cognitive cooperative system, we study the performance optimization for throughput maximization of secondary user (SU) and average delay minimization under maximum delay constraint of primary user (PU) with harvested energy from radio frequency signal of active PU by cooperative SU. We use a one-dimension linear search method to decompose the two optimization problems due to the non-convexity of the original optimization. We prove that the above maximization and minimization have same forms of solution under the same constraints. Simulation results indicate that the throughput performance of SU is higher than that of traditional cognitive system.
KeywordsCognitive cooperative network Performance optimization Imperfect spectrum sensing Scheduling probability RF energy harvesting
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant No. 61501202.
- 5.Ali, A., Ejaz, A., Jabbar, M., Hameed, K., Mushtag, Z., Akhter, T., et al. (2016). Performance analysis of AF, DF and DtF relaying techniques for enhanced cooperative communication. In Six international conference on innovative computing technology (INTECH) (pp. 594–599), Dublin, Ireland.Google Scholar
- 12.Salman, M., El-Keyi, A., Nafie, M., & Hasna, M. (2016). Novel cooperative policy for cognitive radio networks: Stability region and delay analysis. In IEEE wireless communications and networking conference (WCNC) (pp. 1–7), Doha, Qatar.Google Scholar
- 13.Kulkarn, K., & Banerjee, A. (2016). On stable throughput of cognitive radio networks with cooperating secondary users. IEEE Transactions on Communications, 64(10), 4097–4110.Google Scholar
- 16.Yan, J., & Liu, Y. (2016). Dynamic energy harvesting in cooperative cognitive radio networks. In IEEE Globecom Workshops (pp. 1–6), Washington, DC, USA.Google Scholar
- 20.Lu, Y., Wang, W., Zhang, Z. Y., & Huang, A. P. (2014). Random access for a cognitive radio transmitter with RF energy harvesting. In IEEE global communications conference (GLOBECOM), Austin, USA. https://doi.org/10.1109/GLOCOM.2014.7036927.
- 21.Kleimrock, L. (1975). Queueing systems: Theory (Vol. 1). New York: Wiley-Interscience.Google Scholar