Robust energy efficiency power allocation for relay-assisted uplink cognitive radio networks
- 170 Downloads
In this paper, we investigate a worst-case robust power allocation scheme to improve energy efficiency (EE) for an amply-and-forward relaying uplink underlay OFDM cognitive radio system with imperfect channel situation information about the channel between primary user (PU) and secondary user (SU) and the channel between SU and corresponding relay. Specifically, a max–min problem is formulated to transform the original optimization problem into maximum EE on minimum throughout channel, and an epigraph problem is introduced to obtain analytical expressions of objective power allocation. Simulation results show that the proposed EE power allocation scheme is valid and effective in EE and robustness.
KeywordsRobust power allocation Relay-assised cognitive radio networks Energy efficiency (EE)
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 61571209).
- 1.Gao, Y., Xu, W., Li, S., Niu, K., & Lin, J. (2013). Energy efficient resource allocation for cognitive radio networks with imperfect spectrum sensing. In IEEE 24th annual international symposium on personal, indoor, and mobile radio communications (PIMRC), pp. 3318–3322.Google Scholar
- 8.Hu, M., Ge, J., & Shi, X. (2013). Outage probability and power allocation for anc with channel estimation errors in cognitive radio. In TENCON 2013–2013 IEEE region 10 conference (31194), pp. 1–4.Google Scholar
- 10.Zhang, H., Xing, H., Cheng, J., Nallanathan, A., & Leung, V. (2015). Secure resource allocation for ofdma two-way relay wireless sensor networks without and with cooperative jamming. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 99, 1–1.Google Scholar
- 12.Ramamonjison, R., & Bhargava, V. K. (2014). Sum energy-efficiency maximization for cognitive uplink networks with imperfect csi. In 2014 IEEE wireless communications and networking conference (WCNC), pp. 1012–1017.Google Scholar
- 14.Chamkhia, H., & Hasna, M. O. (2013). Performance analysis of relay selection schemes in underlay cognitive networks with imperfect channel state information. In 2013 International conference on ICT convergence (ICTC), pp. 556–560.Google Scholar
- 17.Mallick, S., Devarajan, R., Rashid, M. M., & Bhargava, V. K. (2012). Robust power allocation designs for cognitive radio networks with cooperative relays. In 2012 IEEE international conference on communications (ICC), pp. 1677–1682.Google Scholar
- 18.Ge, M., & Wang, S. (2013). Energy-efficient power allocation for cooperative relaying cognitive radio networks. In 2013 IEEE wireless communications and networking conference (WCNC), pp. 691–696.Google Scholar
- 19.Feng, Y., Luo, Y., Xu, W., Li, S., He, Z., & Lin, J. (2014). Energy-efficient power allocation algorithms for ofdm-based cognitive relay networks with imperfect spectrum sensing. In 2014 IEEE international conference on communications workshops (ICC), pp. 337–342.Google Scholar