On the Relationship Between the Rate of Polynomial Approximation of an Entire Function and its Order and Type
- 33 Downloads
We study the relationship between the order and type of an entire function and the rate of its best polynomial approximation for various Banach spaces of functions analytic in the unit disk. The relations specifying the order and type of the entire function via the sequence of its best approximations are deduced. The results are obtained by generalizing the results obtained earlier by Reddy, Ibragimov, Shyhaliev, Vakarchyk, and Mamadov.
KeywordsBanach Space Taylor Series Entire Function Unit Disk Polynomial Approximation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.S. V. Shvedenko, “Hardy classes and related spaces of analytic functions in a unit disk and in a unit ball,” in: VINITI Series in Mathematical Analysis [in Russian], Vol. 23, VINITI, Moscow (1985), pp. 3–124.Google Scholar
- 10.S. B. Vakarchuk, “On the best polynomial approximation of analytic functions in the space B p, q, ⋋ ,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk Ukr. SSR, Ser. Fiz.-Mat. Tekh. Nauk., No. 8, 6–9 (1989).Google Scholar
- 11.S. B. Vakarchuk, “The best polynomial approximation of functions analytic in the unit circle,” Ukr. Mat. Zh., 42, No. 6, 838–843 (1990); English translation: Ukr. Math. J., 42, No. 6, 740–744 (1990).Google Scholar
- 12.R. Mamadov, Some Problems of Approximation by Entire Functions [in Russian], Author’s Abstract of the Candidate-Degree Thesis (Physics and Mathematics), Dushanbe (2009).Google Scholar
- 13.M. Z. Dveirin and I. V. Chebanenko, “On the polynomial approximation in Banach spaces of analytic functions,” in: Theory of Mappings and Approximation of Functions [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1983), pp. 63–73.Google Scholar
- 15.S. B. Vakarchuk and S. I. Zhyr, “Best polynomial approximations of entire transcendental functions of the generalized order of growth in Banach spaces \( \varepsilon \) p ′ (G) and \( \varepsilon \) p(G), p ≥ 1,” Ukr. Mat. Vestn., 8, No. 2, 255–291 (2011).Google Scholar
- 16.B. Ya. Levin, Lectures on Entire Functions, American Mathematical Society, Providence (1996).Google Scholar