Homogenized Model of Diffusion in Porous Media with Nonlinear Absorption on the Boundary
- 69 Downloads
We consider a boundary-value problem used to describe the process of stationary diffusion in a porous medium with nonlinear absorption on the boundary. We study the asymptotic behavior of the solution when the medium becomes more and more porous and denser located in a bounded domain Ω. A homogenized equation for the description of the main term of the asymptotic expansion is constructed.
KeywordsPorous Medium Generalize Solution Elliptic Problem Diffusion Equation Homogenize Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.C. Conca, J. Diaz, A. Linan, and C. Timofte, “Homogenization in chemical reactive floes,” Electron. J. Different. Equat., No. 40, 1–22 (2004).Google Scholar
- 6.C. Timofte, “Homogenization in nonlinear chemical reactive flows,” in: Proc. of the 9 th WSEAS Internat. Conf. on Applied Mathematics (Istanbul, Turkey, May 27–29, 2006), pp. 250–255.Google Scholar
- 7.T. A. Mel’nyk and O. A. Sivak, “Asymptotic analysis of a boundary-value problem with nonlinear multiphase boundary interactions in a perforated domain,” Ukr. Mat. Zh., 61, No. 4, 494–512 (2009); English translation: Ukr. Math. J., 61, No. 4, 592–612 (2009).Google Scholar
- 11.V. A. Marchenko and E. Ya. Khruslov, Averaged Models of Microinhomogeneous Media [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (2005).Google Scholar
- 13.G. Dal Maso, An introduction to Γ-Convergence, Birkhäuser, Boston (1993).Google Scholar
- 14.A. Braides, Γ-Convergence for Beginners, Oxford Univ. Press, Oxford (2002).Google Scholar
- 17.L. Tartar, “Compensated compactness and applications to partial differential equations in non-linear analysis and mechanics,” in: R. S. Knops (editor), Heriot-Watt Symposium, Vol. IV, Pitman, London (1979).Google Scholar
- 21.E. Ya. Khruslov, “Asymptotic behavior of solutions of the second boundary-value problem in the case of refinement of the boundary of domain,” Mat. Sb., 106(148), No. 4(8), 604–621 (1978).Google Scholar