On Some Ramanujan Identities for the Ratios of Eta-Functions
- 116 Downloads
We give direct proofs of some of Ramanujan’s P-Q modular equations based on simply proved elementary identities from Chapter 16 of his Second Notebook.
KeywordsTheta Function Require Result Geometric Series Double Series Modular Equation
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. Adiga, A Study of Some Identities Stated by Srinivasa Ramanujan in His “Lost” Note Book and Earlier Works, Doctoral Thesis, University of Mysore (1983).Google Scholar
- 2.C. Adiga, B. C. Berndt, S. Bhargava, and G. N.Watson, “Chapter 16 of Ramanujan’s second notebook: Theta functions and q-series,” Providence, American Mathematical Society, 53 (1985).Google Scholar
- 8.S. Bhargava and C. Adiga, “Simple proofs of Jacobi’s two and four square theorems,” Int. J. Math. Ed. Sci. Tech., 19, 779–782 (1988).Google Scholar
- 9.G. H. Hardy, Ramanujan, 3 rd edn., Chelsea, New York (1978).Google Scholar
- 11.S. Ramanujan, Notebooks, Tata Inst. Fundam. Res., Bombay (1957), Vols. 1, 2.Google Scholar
- 12.S. Ramanujan, The Lost Notebook and Other Unpublished Paper, Narosa, New Delhi (1988).Google Scholar
- 13.K. Venkatachaliengar, “Development of elliptic functions according to Ramanujan,” Tech. Rept, Madurai, Madurai Kamaraj Univ., 2 (1988).Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015