Functions of shift operator and their applications to difference equations
- 36 Downloads
We study the representation for functions of shift operator acting upon bounded sequences of elements of a Banach space. An estimate is obtained for the bounded solution of a linear difference equation in the Banach space. For two types of differential equations in Banach spaces, we present sufficient conditions for their bounded solutions to be limits of bounded solutions of the corresponding difference equations and establish estimates for the rate of convergence.
KeywordsBanach Space Difference Equation Unit Circle Shift Operator Bounded Solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. E. Slyusarchuk, “Bounded and almost periodic solutions of difference equations in a Banach space,” in: Analytic Methods for Investigation of Solutions of Nonlinear Differential Equations [in Russian], Institute of Mathematics, Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Kiev (1975), pp. 147–156.Google Scholar
- 2.A. Ya. Dorogovtsev, Periodic and Stationary Modes of Infinite-Dimensional Deterministic and Stochastic Dynamical Systems [in Russian], Vyshcha Shkola, Kiev (1992).Google Scholar
- 7.V. L. Makarov and I. P. Havrylyuk, “Exponentially convergent methods of parallel discretization for evolution equations of the first order,” Dopov. Nats. Akad. Nauk Ukr., No. 3, 24–28 (2002).Google Scholar
- 8.M. F. Gorodnii and A. V. Chaikovs’kyi, “On approximation of a bounded solution of a differential equation with unbounded operator coefficient,” Dopov. Nats. Akad. Nauk Ukr., No. 6, 10–14 (2002).Google Scholar
- 9.N. Dunford and J. T. Schwartz, Linear Operators, General Theory [Russian translation], Inostrannaya Literatura, Moscow (1962).Google Scholar
- 10.B. V. Shabat, Introduction to Complex Analysis [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar
- 13.A. V. Chaikovs’kyi, “On the existence and uniqueness of bounded solutions of differential equations with shifts in a Banach space,” Dopov. Nats. Akad. Nauk Ukr., No. 8, 33–37 (2000).Google Scholar
- 14.A. V. Chaikovs’kyi, “On the approximation of bounded solutions of differential equations with shift of argument in a Banach space by solutions of difference equations,” Visn. Kyiv. Univ., Mat. Mekh., Issue 8, 125–129 (2002).Google Scholar
- 15.V. K. Dzyadyk, Introduction to the Theory of Uniform Approximation of Functions by Polynomials [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 16.Yu. L. Daletskii and M. G. Krein, Stability of Solutions of Differential Equations in a Banach Space [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 17.T. Kato, Perturbation Theory for Linear Operators [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar