Expansion of weighted pseudoinverse matrices with singular weights into matrix power products and iteration methods
- 32 Downloads
We obtain expansions of weighted pseudoinverse matrices with singular weights into matrix power products with negative exponents and arbitrary positive parameters. We show that the rate of convergence of these expansions depends on a parameter. On the basis of the proposed expansions, we construct and investigate iteration methods with quadratic rate of convergence for the calculation of weighted pseudoinverse matrices and weighted normal pseudosolutions. Iteration methods for the calculation of weighted normal pseudosolutions are adapted to the solution of least-squares problems with constraints.
KeywordsIteration Process Singular Weight Weighted Normal Pseudosolution Weighted Pseudoinverse Matrice Matrix Power Series
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.E. F. Galba, V. S. Deineka, and I. V. Sergienko, “Iteration methods with high rates of convergence for the calculation of weighted pseudoinverse matrices and weighted normal pseudosolutions with singular weights,” Zh. Vychisl. Mat. Mat. Fiz., 45, No. 10, 1731–1755 (2005).zbMATHMathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- 5.E. N. Moore, “On the reciprocal of the general algebraic matrix,” Abstr. Bull. Amer. Math. Soc., 26, 394–395 (1920).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Albert, Regression, Pseudoinversion, and Recursive Estimation, Academic Press, New York (1972).Google Scholar
- 8.E. F. Galba, I. N. Molchanov, and V. V. Skopetskii, “Iteration methods for the calculation of a weighted pseudoinverse matrix with singular weights,” Kiber. Syst. Anal., No. 5, 150–169 (1999).Google Scholar
- 16.R. A. Horn and C. R. Johnson, Matrix Analysis, Cambridge University, Cambridge (1986).Google Scholar
- 17.G. P. Gantmakher, Theory of Matrices [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 18.V. V. Voevodin and Yu. A. Kuznetsov, Matrices and Calculations [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 22.O. Vaarmann, Generalized Inverse Mappings [in Russian], Valgus, Tallinn (1988).Google Scholar