Initial-value problem for the Bogolyubov hierarchy for quantum systems of particles
- 22 Downloads
We construct cumulant (semi-invariant) representations for a solution of the initial-value problem for the Bogolyubov hierarchy for quantum systems of particles. In the space of sequences of trace-class operators, we prove a theorem on the existence and uniqueness of a solution. We study the equivalence problem for various representations of a solution in the case of the Maxwell-Boltzmann statistics.
KeywordsQuantum System Recurrence Relation Evolution Operator Cluster Expansion BBGKY Hierarchy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.D. Benedetto, F. Castella, R. Esposito, and M. Pulvirenti, “A short review on the derivation of the nonlinear quantum Boltzmann equations,” in: Lect. Notes, Workshop “Mathematical Methods in Quantum Mechanics,” Bressanove (Italy), 2005.Google Scholar
- 5.F. Golse, “The mean-field limit for the dynamics of large particle systems,” J. Equat. Deriv. Part., No. 9 (2003).Google Scholar
- 7.L. Erdös, “Derivation of macroscopic kinetic equations from microscopic quantum mechanics,” in: Lect. Notes, School Math. Georgiatech. (2001).Google Scholar
- 11.H. Spohn, “Quantum kinetic equations,” in: M. Fannes, C. Maes, and A. Verbeure (editors), On Three Levels (Micro-, Meso-and Macro-Approaches in Physics), Plenum, New York (1994), pp 1–10.Google Scholar
- 12.N. N. Bogolyubov, Lectures on Quantum Statistics. Problems of Statistical Mechanics of Quantum Systems [in Ukrainian], Radyans’ka Shkola, Kyiv (1949).Google Scholar
- 13.D. Ya. Petrina, Mathematical Foundations of Quantum Statistical Mechanics. Continuous Systems, Kluwer, Dordrecht (1995).Google Scholar
- 16.J. Ginibre, “Some applications of functional integrations in statistical mechanics,” in: C. de Witt and R. Stord (editors), Statistical Mechanics and Quantum Field Theory, Gordon and Breach, New York (1971), pp. 329–427.Google Scholar
- 20.R. Dautray and J. L. Lions, Evolution Problems, Springer, Berlin (2000).Google Scholar