On Renewal Equations Appearing in Some Problems in the Theory of Generalized Diffusion Processes
- 23 Downloads
We construct a Wiener process on a plane with semipermeable membrane located on a fixed circle and acting in the normal direction. The construction method takes into account the symmetry properties of both the circle and the Wiener process. For this reason, the method is reduced to the perturbation of a Bessel process by a drift coefficient that has the type of a δ-function concentrated at a point. This leads to a pair of renewal equations, using which we determine the transition probability of the radial part of the required process.
KeywordsDiffusion Process Normal Direction Symmetry Property Wiener Process Construction Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. I. Portenko, Diffusion Processes in Media with Membranes [in Ukrainian], Institute of Mathematics, Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Kyiv (1995).Google Scholar
- 2.K. Ito and H. R. McKean, Jr., Diffusion Processes and Their Sample Paths, Springer, Berlin (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.D. S. Kuznetsov, Special Functions [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 4.W. Feller, Introduction to Probability Theory and Its Applications, Wiley, New York (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Friedman, Partial Differential Equations of Parabolic Type, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1964).Google Scholar