On the Drift-Diffusion Model for a Two-Band Quantum Fluid at Zero Temperature
- 21 Downloads
By using a scale transformation, we obtain hydrodynamic equations in the quasiclassical approximation from the two-band Schrodinger equation.
KeywordsHydrodynamic Equation Zero Temperature Schrodinger Equation Scale Transformation Quasiclassical Approximation
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.M. Sweeney and J. M. Xu, “Resonant interband tunnel diodes,” Appl. Phys. Lett., 54, No6, 546–548 (1989).Google Scholar
- 5.G. Borgioli, G. Frosali, and P. F. Zweifel, “Wigner approach to the two-band Kane model for a tunneling diode,” Transp. Theory Statist. Phys., 32, No.3–4, 347–366.Google Scholar
- 7.L. Demeio, P. Bordone, and C. Jacoboni, “Numerical simulation of an intervalley transition by the Wigner-function approach,” Semiconductor Sci. Technol., 19,1–3 (2004).Google Scholar
- 8.M. Modugno and O. Morandi, A Multiband Envelope Function Model for Quantum Transport in a Tunneling Diode, Preprint (2004).Google Scholar
- 10.E. O. Kane, “The k⋅p method,” in: R. K. Willardson and A. C. Bear (editors), Semiconductors and Semimetals, Vol. 1, Academic Press, New York (1966), pp. 75–100.Google Scholar
- 11.W. T. Wenckebach, Essentials of Semiconductor Physics, Wiley, Chichester (1999).Google Scholar
- 12.C. Y. Chao and S. L. Chuang, “Resonant tunneling of holes in the multiband effective-mass approximation,” Phys. Rev. B, 43, 7027–7039 (1991).Google Scholar
- 13.I. Gasser and P. Markowich, “Quantum hydrodynamics, Wigner transforms and the classical limit,” Asymptotic Analysis, 14, 97-116 (1997).Google Scholar
- 14.A. Jungel, Quasi-Hydrodynamic Semiconductor Equations, Birkhauser, Basel (2001).Google Scholar
- 15.G. Ali and G. Frosali, “On quantum hydrodynamic models for the two-band Kane system” (submitted).Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, Inc. 2005