Elliptic Operators in a Refined Scale of Functional Spaces
- 20 Downloads
We study the theory of elliptic boundary-value problems in a refined two-sided scale of the Hormander spaces H s , ϕ, where s ∈ R and ϕ is a functional parameter slowly varying at +∞. For the Sobolev spaces H s , the function ϕ(|ξ|) ≡ 1. We establish that the considered operators possess the Fredholm property, and solutions are globally and locally regular.
KeywordsSobolev Space Elliptic Operator Functional Parameter Functional Space Fredholm Property
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. Hormander, Linear Partial Differential Operators [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 2.L. P. Volevich and B. P. Paneyakh, “Some spaces of generalized functions and imbedding theorems,” Usp. Mat. Nauk, 20, No.1, 35–74 (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.H. Triebel, Theory of Function Spaces [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 4.D. E. Edmunds and H. Triebel, “Function spaces, entropy numbers, differential operators,” Cambridge Tracts Math., No. 120 (1999).Google Scholar
- 5.L. de Haan, “On regular variation and its applications to the weak convergence of sample extremes,” Math. Cent. Tracts., No. 32 (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.E. Seneta, Regularly Varying Functions [Russian translation], Nauka, Moscow (1985).Google Scholar
- 7.N. H. Bingham, C. M. Goldie, and J. L. Teugels, Regular Variation, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (1989).Google Scholar
- 8.S. G. Krein (editor), Functional Analysis [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 10.Ya. A. Roitberg, Elliptic Boundary-Value Problems in the Spaces of Distributions, Kluwer, Dordrecht (1996).Google Scholar
- 11.G. Shlenzak, “Elliptic problems in a refined scale of spaces,” Vestn. Moscow. Univ., No. 4, 48–58 (1974).Google Scholar