Synthesis, structure, magnetic and catalytic behavior of a dinuclear copper(II) complex with triazendio ligands
- 92 Downloads
A dinuclear copper(II) complex [Cu2L4] has been prepared by the reaction of CuCl2·2H2O and 1-[(2-iodo)benzene]-3-[benzothiazole] triazene (HL). The complex has been characterized by X-ray crystallography and by physico-chemical and spectroscopic methods. In the solid state, there is a significant antiferromagnetic coupling between the copper(II) centers with a coupling constant (J) of − 558 cm−1. In homogeneous solution, the complex shows electrocatalytic activities for hydrogen generation from both acetic acid and neutral buffer with a turnover frequency of 50 mol of H2 per mole of catalyst per hour (mol H2/mol catalyst/h) at an overpotential (OP) of 941.6 mV, and 502 mol H2/mol catalyst/h at an OP of 836.7 mV.
This work was supported by the National Science Foundation of China (Nos. 20971045 and 21271073).
- 15.Xue D, Luo SP, Zhan SZ (2017) Chem Sel 2:8673–8678Google Scholar
- 16.Sheldrick GM (1996) SADABS: program for empirical absorption correction of area detector data. University of Götingen, GötingenGoogle Scholar
- 17.Sheldrick GM (2015) Acta Cryst C71:3–8Google Scholar
- 22.de Meester P, Fletcher SR, Skapski AC (1973) Dalton Trans 2575–2578Google Scholar
- 23.Cotton FA, Wilkinson G (1988) Advanced inorganic chemistry. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar