Synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial properties of lipophilic palladium complexes bearing iminopyridine ligands
- 226 Downloads
The reaction of [PdCl2(η2-coe)]2 (coe = cis-cyclooctene) with nine lipophilic iminopyridine ligands (NN′, 1a–i) afforded the corresponding metal complexes cis-[PdCl2(NN′)] (2a–i) with concomitant loss of the labile coe ligands. All iminopyridine complexes were characterized by physicochemical and spectroscopic methods. The molecular structures of two complexes, 2a and 2b, were determined by single crystal X-ray diffraction studies. All complexes were tested for their potential antifungal and antibacterial activities.
KeywordsPalladium PdCl2 Palladium Complex Supplementary Material Section Cyclopropylamine
Thanks are gratefully extended to Mount Allison University, the University of New Brunswick and the Canada Research Chair Program. We also thank Dan G. B. Durant (MAU) for his expert technical assistance and Drs. J. Waller (MAU) and C. Dieni (MAU) for help with the biological testing and anonymous reviewers are thanked for their very helpful comments.
- 2.Raynauld FI, Boxall FE, Goddard PM, Valenti M, Jones M, Murrer BA, Abrams M, Kelland LR (1997) Clin Cancer Res 3:2063–2074Google Scholar
- 23.Marques MPM (2014) ISRN Spectrom Article ID 287353. doi: 10.1155/2013/287353
- 29.Sheldrick GM (2008) CELL_NOW, version 2008/2. Bruker AXS Inc, Madison, Wisconsin, USAGoogle Scholar
- 30.Bruker (2006) SAINT, version 7.23A. Bruker AXS Inc, Madison, WisconsinGoogle Scholar
- 31.Sheldrick GM (2004) TWINABS 1.05, Bruker Nonius, Inc., Madison, Wisconsin, USAGoogle Scholar
- 32.Sheldrick GM (2008) SADABS 2008. Bruker AXS Inc, Madison, Wisconsin, USAGoogle Scholar
- 35.Dawood KM, Farag AM, El-Deftar MM, Gardiner M, Abdelaziz HA (2013) Arkivoc 210–226Google Scholar
- 36.Onani MO, Motswainyana WM (2011) Acta Cryst E67:m1392Google Scholar
- 39.Yang L, Powell DR, Houser RP (2007) Dalton Trans 955–964Google Scholar