Unsteady mixed convection boundary-layer flow with suction and temperature slip effects near the stagnation point on a vertical permeable surface embedded in a porous medium
- 269 Downloads
The unsteady mixed convection boundary-layer flow near the two-dimensional stagnation point on a vertical permeable surface embedded in a fluid-saturated porous medium with suction and a temperature slip effect is studied numerically. Similarity equations are obtained through the application of a similarity transformation technique. The shooting method is used to solve these similarity equations for different values of the mixed convection, wall mass suction, the unsteadiness and the slip parameters. Results show that multiple solutions exist for certain ranges of these parameters. Some limiting forms are then discussed, namely strong suction, the free convection limit, the situation when there is a large temperature slip and when the time dependence dominates.
KeywordsPorous medium Unsteady Mixed convection Suction Numerical results
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Birkhoff G.: Hydrodynamics, a Study in Fact and Similitude, Revised edn. Princeton University Press, Princeton (1960)Google Scholar
- Fang T.-G., Zhang J., Yao S.-S.: Viscous flow over an unsteady shrinking sheet with mass transfer. Chin. Phys. Lett. 26, 014703-1–014703-4 (2009)Google Scholar
- Ingham, D.B., Pop, I. (eds): Transport Phenomena in Porous Media III. Elsevier, Oxford (2005)Google Scholar
- Nield D.A., Bejan A.: Convection in Porous Media, 3rd edn. Springer, New York (2006)Google Scholar
- Pop I., Ingham D.B.: Convective Heat Transfer: Mathematical and Computational Modeling of Viscous Fluids and Porous Media. Pergamon Press, Oxford (2001)Google Scholar
- Slater L.J.: Confluent hypergeometric functions. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (1960)Google Scholar
- Tie-Gang F., Ji Z., Shan-Shan Y.: Viscous flow over an unsteady shrinking sheet with mass transfer. Chin. Phys. Let. 26, 014703-1–014703-4 (2009)Google Scholar
- Vadasz, P. (eds): Emerging Topics in Heat and Mass Transfer in Porous Media. Springer, Berlin (2008)Google Scholar
- Vafai, K. (eds): Handbook of Porous Media, 2nd edn. Taylor & Francis, New York (2005)Google Scholar
- Wang C.Y.: Liquid film on an unsteady stretching surface. Q. Appl. Math. 48, 601–610 (1990)Google Scholar
- Yang K.T.: Unsteady laminar boundary layers in an incompressible stagnation flow, Trans. ASME J. Appl. Mech. 25, 421–427 (1958)Google Scholar