2-D Simulation of Non-Isothermal Fate and Transport of a Drip-Applied Fumigant in Plastic-Mulched Soil Beds. II. Sensitivity Analysis and Model Application
- 76 Downloads
Temperature dependence of selected parameters was defined and illustrated. The order of sensitivity among tested model parameters (sorption coefficient, K D; diffusion coefficient, D g; vapor pressure, P; degradation rate, k; Henry’s constant, H) was k > P > K D > H > D g for 1-day simulations and k > P and K D > D g > H for 2-day simulations. The most sensitive parameter for both days was k. Mass balance errors were calculated using NRMSE (normalized root mean square error) to evaluate the level of agreement. The numerical model was applied to predict fumigant movement in the soil bed.
KeywordsSensitivity analysis Numerical model Non-isothermal pesticide transport Temperature dependence Methyl isothiocyanate (MITC)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cacuci D.G.: Sensitivity and Uncertainty Analysis. Chapman & Hall, CRC, Boca Raton, Florida (2003)Google Scholar
- Ha, W.: Non-isothermal fate and transport of drip-applied fumigants in plastic-mulched soil beds – Model development and verification, Ph. D. dissertation, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida (2006)Google Scholar
- Hartley D., Kidd H.: The Agrochemicals Handbook. Royal Society of Chemistry, Nottingham, England (1983)Google Scholar
- Plimmer J. R.: Volatility. In: Kearney, P.C., Kaufman, D.D. (eds) Herbicides; chemistry, degradation, and mode of action, Vol. 2, pp. 891–934. Marcel Dekker, New York, New York (1976)Google Scholar
- Schwarzenbach R.P., Gschwend P.M., Imboden D.M.: Environmental Organic Chemistry. Wiley, New York, New York (1993)Google Scholar
- Tabatabai M.A.: Soil enzymes. In: Weaver, R.H. (eds) Methods of Soil Analysis, Part 2, Microbiological and Biochemical Properties, SSSA Book Ser. 5., pp. 775–833. Soil Science Society of America, Madison, Wisconsin (1994)Google Scholar
- Tindall J.A., Kunkel J.R.: Unsaturated Zone Hydrology for Scientists and Engineers. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey (1999)Google Scholar
- Tomlin, C.D.S. (eds): The Pesticide Manual: A World Compendium, 13th edn. British Crop Protection Council, Farnham, UK (2003)Google Scholar