Effects of Hall current on f lows of a Burgers’ fluid through a porous medium
- 97 Downloads
This paper generalizes the analysis of four magnetohydrodynamic (MHD) flow problems of an Oldroyd-B fluid discussed by Asghar et al. [Int. J. Non-linear Mech. 40, 589–601 (2005)] into three directions: (i) to discuss the problems in a porous medium using modified Darcy’s law (ii) to see the influence of Hall current (iii) to determine the effect of rheological parameter of Burgers’ fluid. Analytical solutions of velocity distribution valid at large and small times are given in each problem. Comparison has been provided for Oldroyd-B and Burgers’ fluids through graphs. The physical interpretation is also included.
KeywordsBurgers’ fluid Hall current Porous medium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Alishayev M.G. (1974) Proceedings of moscow pedagogy institute (in Russian). Hydromechanics 3, 166–174Google Scholar
- Masuoka T., Takatsu Y. (2002) Turbulence characteristic in porous media. In: Derek B.I., Pop I. (eds). Transport Phenomena in Porous Media, vol. II. Elsevier Sci. Ltd, Boston, pp. 231–256Google Scholar
- Sahimi M. (1995) Flow and Transport in Porous Media and Fractured Rock From Classical Methods to Modern Approaches. VCH, WeinheimGoogle Scholar
- Slattery J.C. (1999) Advanced Transport Phenomena. Cambridge University Press, CambridgeGoogle Scholar
- Sutton G.W., Sherman A. (1965) Engineering Magnetohydrodynamics. McGraw Hill, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Wiegel F.W. (1980) Fluid Flow Through Porous Macromolecular Systems. Springer-Verlag, BerlinGoogle Scholar