Performance analysis of ZF receivers with imperfect CSI for uplink massive MIMO systems
- 164 Downloads
We consider the uplink of massive multiple-input multiple-output systems in a multicell environment. Since the base station (BS) estimates the channel state information (CSI) using the pilot signals transmitted from the users, each BS will have imperfect CSI in practice. Assuming zero-forcing method to eliminate the multi-user interference, we derive the exact analytical expressions for the probability density function of the signal-to-interference-plus-noise ratio, the corresponding achievable rate, the outage probability, and the symbol error rate (SER) when the BS has imperfect CSI. An upper bound of the SER is also derived for an arbitrary number of antennas at the BS. Moreover, we derive the upper bound of the achievable rate for the case where the number of antennas at the BS goes to infinity, and the analysis is verified by presenting numerical results.
KeywordsMassive multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) Channel estimation Channel state information (CSI) Zero-forcing (ZF)
This work was supported by Basic Research Laboratories (BRL) through NRF grant funded by the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning (MSIP) (No. 2015056354).
- 2.Gesbert, D., Kountouris, M., Heath, R. W., Chae, C.-B., & Salzer, T. (2007). Shifting the MIMO paradigm. IEEE Communications Magazine, 24(5), 36–46.Google Scholar
- 19.Brevis, P. G., Gondzio, J., Fan, Y., Poor, H. V., Thompson, J., Krikidis, I., et al. (2011). Base station location optimization for minimal energy consumption in wireless networks. In Proceedings of the 2nd green wireless communications & networks workshop (GreeNet 2011) (pp. 15–18). Hungary: Budapest.Google Scholar
- 21.Rusek, F., Persson, D., Lau, B. K., Larsson, E. G., Marzetta, T. L., Edfors, O., et al. (2013). Scaling up MIMO: Opportunities and challenges with very large arrays. IEEE Communication Magazine, 30(1), 40–46.Google Scholar
- 24.Gopalakrishnan, B., & Jindal, N. (2011). An analysis of pilot contamination on multi-user MIMO cellular systems with many antennas. In Proceedings of the IEEE international workshop signal process. Advances in wireless communications (SPAWC 2011), San Francisco, CA USA, pp. 381–385.Google Scholar
- 25.Kay, S. M. (1993). Fundamentals of statistical signal processing: Estimation theory. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall.Google Scholar
- 28.Gradshteyn, I. S., & Ryzhik, I. M. (2007). Table of integrals, series, and products (7th ed.). San Diego, CA: Academic Press.Google Scholar
- 30.Yates, R. D., & Goodman, D. J. (2005). Probability and stochastic processes (2nd ed.). New York: Wiley.Google Scholar