On interchangeability of Nash equilibria in multi-player strategic games
The article studies properties of interchangeability of pure, mixed, strict, and strict mixed Nash equilibria. The main result is a sound and complete axiomatic system that describes properties of interchangeability in all four settings. It has been previously shown that the same axiomatic system also describes properties of independence in probability theory, nondeducibility in information flow, and non-interference in concurrency theory.
KeywordsNash Equilibrium Interchangeability Axiomatization
Brittany Nicholls have been supported by National Science Foundation through a CREU award given by Computing Research Association Committee on the Status Of Women in Computing Research in conjunction with the Coalition to Diversify Computing.
- Cohen, E. (1977). Information transmission in computational systems. In Proceedings of sixth ACM symposium on operating systems principles (pp. 113–139). Association for Computing Machinery.Google Scholar
- de Moivre, A. (1718). Doctrine of chances. London: Pearson.Google Scholar
- Donders, M. S., More, S. M., & Naumov, P. (2011). Information flow on directed acyclic graphs. In L. D. Beklemishev, R. de Queiroz (Eds.), WoLLIC, Lecture notes in computer science (Vol. 6642, pp. 95–109). Berlin: Springer.Google Scholar
- Encyclopædia Britannica. (1998). In A. de Moivre (Ed.) The new encyclopædia britannica (15 ed., Vol. 8, p. 226). Chicago: Encyclopædia Britannica.Google Scholar
- Herrmann, C. (2006). Corrigendum to “On the undecidability of implications between embedded multivalued database dependencies” [Information and Computation 122(1995) 221–235]. Information and Computation, 204(12), 1847–1851.Google Scholar
- Miner More, S., & Naumov, P. (2010a). Hypergraphs of multiparty secrets. In 11th international workshop on computational logic in multi-agent systems, CLIMA XI , LNAI 6245, Lisbon, Portugal (pp. 15–32). New York: Springer.Google Scholar
- More, S. M., Naumov, P., & Sapp, B. (2011). Concurrency Semantics for the Geiger-Paz-Pearl Axioms of independence. In Bezem, M. (ed.) Proceedings of 20th annual conference on computer science logic, CSL 2011, September 12–15, Bergen, Norway. LIPIcs (Vol. 12, pp. 443–457). Schloss Dagstuhl - Leibniz-Zentrum fuer Informatik.Google Scholar
- Naumov, P., & Nicholls, B. (2011). Game semantics for the Geiger-Paz-Pearl axioms of independence. In The third international workshop on logic, rationality and interaction (LORI-III), LNAI 6953 (pp. 220–232). Berlin: Springer.Google Scholar
- Naumov, P., & Nicholls, B. (2013) R.E. axiomatization of conditional independence. In proceedinigs of the 14th conference on theoretical aspects of rationality and knowledge (TARK ‘13) (pp. 148–155).Google Scholar
- Parker, Jr., D. S., & Parsaye-Ghomi, K. (1980). Inferences involving embedded multivalued dependencies and transitive dependencies. In Proceedings of the 1980 ACM SIGMOD international conference on management of data (pp. 52–57). New York, NY: ACM.Google Scholar
- Studený, M. (1990). Conditional independence relations have no finite complete characterization. In Information theory, statistical decision functions and random processes. Transactions of the 11th Prague conference. (Vol. B, pp. 377–396). London: Kluwer.Google Scholar
- Sutherland, D. (1986). A model of information. In Proceedings of ninth national computer security conference (pp. 175–183).Google Scholar