Localization of Generalized Normal Maps and Stability of Variational Inequalities in Reflexive Banach Spaces
- 82 Downloads
In this paper, we introduce a localized version of generalized normal maps as well as generalized natural mappings. By using these concepts, we study continuity properties of the solution map of parametric variational inequalities in reflexive Banach spaces. This localization permits us to deal with variational conditions posed on sets that may not be convex and to establish existence and continuity of solutions. We also establish homeomorhisms between the solution set of variational inequalities and the solution set of generalized normal maps. Using these homeomorphisms and the degree theory, we show that the solution map of parametric variational inequalities is lower semicontinuous. Our results extend some results of Robinson (Set-Valued Anal 12:259–274, 2004).
KeywordsGeneralized normal map Variational inequality Degree theory Lower semicontinuity
Mathematics Subject Classifications (2000)47J20 49J40 49J53 90C33
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Goebel, K., Reich, S.: Uniform Convexity, Hyperpolic Geometry, and Noexpansive Mappings. Marcel Dekker, New York (1984)Google Scholar
- 7.Isac, G.: Leray–Schauder type alternatives, complementary problems and variational inequalities. Springer, Berlin Heidelberg New York (2006)Google Scholar
- 15.Mordukhovich, B.S.: Variational Analysis and Generalized Differentiation I, II. Springer, Berlin Heidelberg New York (2006)Google Scholar
- 27.Zeidler, E.: Nonlinear Functional Analysis and Its Application, I Fixed-Point Theorems. Springer, Berlin Heidelberg New York (1993)Google Scholar
- 28.Zeidler, E.: Nonlinear Functional Analysis and Its Application, II/B: Nonlinear Monotone Operators. Springer, Berlin Heidelberg New York (1990)Google Scholar