Laterally non-symmetric aza cryptand molecules stitched by water
- 77 Downloads
Crystal structure of the compound L·4H2O (L = aza cryptand) and its supramolecular assembly via H-bonding through water molecules are described here. The compound crystallizes in the cubic space group Pa3 (no. 205) with the following lattice parameters: a=b=c=19.023(2) Å, V=6883.9(4) Å3, Z=8, R 1=0.0592, wR 2 = 0.1572, S=0.964.
KeywordsCryptands H-bonding Supramolecular assembly
We gratefully acknowledge the financial support received from the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi, India (grant no. 1638/EMR II) and a SRF to S.G.
- 1.Schneider HJ, Yatsimirsky AK (2000) Principle and methods in supramolecular chemistry. WileyGoogle Scholar
- 2.Desiraju GR (1989) Crystal engineering of organic solids. Elsevier, AmsterdamGoogle Scholar
- 4.SAINT+, 6.02 ed.; Bruker AXS, Madison, WI 1999Google Scholar
- 5.Sheldrick GM (1997) SADABS, Empirical absorption correction program. University of Göttingen, GermanyGoogle Scholar
- 6.XPREP, 5.1 ed. Siemens Industrial Automation Inc., Madison, WI 1995Google Scholar
- 7.Sheldrick GM (1997) SHELXTLTM Reference Manual: version 5.1, Bruker AXS, Madison, WIGoogle Scholar
- 8.Sheldrick GM (1997) SHELXL-97: program for crystal structure refinement. University of Göttingen, Göttingen, GermanyGoogle Scholar