A Simulation Study on the Effect of Cavity Shapes on the Penetration of Linear Shaped Charges with Curved Liners
- 4 Downloads
The finite element models of curved-liner shaped charges penetrating aluminum-alloy thin plates were constructed with the ANSYS/LS-DYNA software to analyze the effect of cavity shapes on the charge penetration with curved liners. The cavity height, radius, and spatial dimensions were numerically simulated. Simulation results indicate that these properties are important factors in determining the penetration of curved-liner charges. The penetration depth exhibits an initial increase followed by a decrease with the fixed cavity radius. When the cavity height is fixed, the penetration depth decreases with the cavity radius. When the cavity is semicircular, the penetration depth first increases and then decreases with the cavity radius and height.
Keywordslinear shaped charge cavity shape curved liner penetration
- 1.H. Y. Ma, Y. Long, H. Y. Lu, et al., “Damage patterns of aluminum alloy under the shock of linear shaped charge cutter’s explosion,” Init. Pyrotech., 32, No. 3, 20–24 (2010).Google Scholar
- 2.Y. H. Wang, W. Xiong, Z. F. Chen, et al., “Research on the precise measurement of linear charge density of linear shaped charge,” Init. Pyrotech., 34, No. 5, 4–8 (2012).Google Scholar
- 3.S. H. Zhang and R. J. Gou, “Study on destruction of laminated glass under the impact of shaped charge,” Init. Pyrotech., 38, No. 3, 17–21 (2016).Google Scholar
- 4.B. H. Yuan, K. Hu, C. Xiao, et al., “Explosive cutting of PMMA,” Chinese J. Expl. Propell., 26, No. 3, 70–72 (2003).Google Scholar
- 5.W. C. Feng, Aviation Emergency Escape System [in Chinese], National Defense Industry Press, Beijing (2014).Google Scholar
- 6.S. L. Yan and Y. J. Wang, “Theoretical study on circular cover linear charge,” Eng. Blast., 8, No. 2, 6–9 (2002).Google Scholar
- 7.Y. J. Wang, S. L. Yan, and K. L. Hu, “Comparison of curved-liner and wedged-liner of linear shaped charge,” Coal Mine Blast., 18, No. 4, 3–6 (2001).Google Scholar
- 8.D. Novotney and M. Mallery, “Historical development of linear shaped charge,” in: 43rd AIAA/ASME/SAE/ASEE Joint Propulsion Conference & Exhibit (July 8–11, 2007, Cincinnati, OH), AIAA 2007-5141 (2007), DOI: https://doi.org/10.2514/6.2007-5141.