Bed – Structure System Analysis for Soil Freezing and Thawing Using the Termoground Program
- 52 Downloads
A description is presented for a mathematical model to determine temperature patterns in structure beds that consider phase transitions in soil moisture, as well as the stress-strain state of soil over the course of freezing and thawing. Analysis examples are considered for various permafrost occurrence conditions and temperature exposures.
KeywordsSoil Freezing Front Wall Unfrozen Water Temperature Problem Thermomechanical Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. Comini, S. Del Guidice, R. W. Lewis, and O. C. Zienkiewicz, “Finite element solution of non-liner heat conduction problems with special reference to phase change,” Int. J. Num. Meth. Engn., No. 8, 613-624 (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.S. Del Guidice, G. Comini, and R. W. Lewis, “Finite element simulation of freezing process in soil,” Int. J. Num. Anal. Meth. Geomech., No. 2, 223-235 (1978).Google Scholar
- 3.A. B. Fadeev, The Finite Element Method in Geomechanics [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 4.Ya. A. Kronik, “Thermomechanical models of frozen soil and cryogenic processes,” Rheology of Soils and Engineering Permafrost Studies [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1982), pp. 200-211.Google Scholar
- 5.I. I. Sakharov and V. N. Paramonov, “Numerical solution of three-dimensional problems in foundation engineering that consider subgrade freezing,” Modern Geotechnologies in Construction and Their Scientific and Engineering Support [in Russian], Collected Intern. Sci.-Eng. Conf. Papers, Part I, St. Petersburg (2014), pp. 289-294.Google Scholar
- 6.B. N. Mel’nikov and V. B. Shvets, “Frost heaving of clays in different states of stress,” Osn. Fundam. Mekh. Gruntov, No. 5, 12-15 (1971).Google Scholar
- 7.P. I. Kotov, L. T. Roman, and M. N. Tsarapov, “Forecast settlement of frozen soils after thawing,” J. Heilongjiang Univ. Eng., 5, No. 3, 1-5 (2014).Google Scholar
- 8.A. B. Fadeev, I. I. Sakharov, and P. I. Repina, “Numerical modeling of freezing and swelling processes in the “foundation-bed” system,” Osn. Fundam. Mekh. Gruntov, No. 5, 6-9 (1994).Google Scholar
- 9.V. M. Ulitskii, “Investigation of Aspects of the Operation of Anchor Foundations in Heaving Soil,” CSc thesis synopsis, Leningrad (1969).Google Scholar
- 10.S. A. Kudryavtsev, I. I. Sakharov, and V. N. Paramonov, Soil Freezing and Thawing (practical examples and finite-element analyses) [in Russian], Georekonstruktsiya Company Group St. Petersburg (2014).Google Scholar